Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Two ArchiCAD sessions when updating layouts

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am getting ArchiCAD 10 to launch a second session when I request drawing updates. Also, at the end of the update the second session doesn't close. It remains running in my task bar. Any thoughts?

Gary Bley
6 REPLIES 6
Thomas Holm
Booster
Just close it.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
BGArchiCAD is gone. When you update drawings external to your layouts a second session will automatically launch and stay open (for further editing or updates).
Djordje
Virtuoso
Matthew wrote:
BGArchiCAD is gone. When you update drawings external to your layouts a second session will automatically launch and stay open (for further editing or updates).
... provided that the external views or whatever come from another Archicad project
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
This is happening with a project that I converted from AC9. Does that make sense? I hope so. Maybe because with AC9 there were external links that were also converted?

Gary Bley
Anonymous
Not applicable
gbley wrote:
This is happening with a project that I converted from AC9. Does that make sense? I hope so. Maybe because with AC9 there were external links that were also converted?
It makes sense. Unless you follow the correct merge procedure into a single file the drawings will be linked to an external file.
__archiben
Booster
try turning off the option: "Do not launch new instance of ArchiCAD when placing a views onto a Layout".

work environment>user preference schemes>more options

any good?

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup