BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Unable to show walls on all floors?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I've created a custom wall as a profile for in-floor chain conveyor. (it's a simple 'U' shape channel) and I want to be able to show it on all floors. (It's currently built on the ground floor)

I looked into my options, and I don't see a choice other than home or relevant storey.

I've attached a screenshot and the 'green' selected item is the wall. (there are lots!) How can I show it on all floors?

Thank you

[img]Image[/img]
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
If this is some kind of element that occurs on several floors (as opposed to a single element that is "visible" on other floors), then you might consider saving it as a module, then inserting the module on each floor where it is required.
Erika Epstein
Booster
Nathan,
You can play around with cut plane settings for each view , but you might get more than what you want showing.

Alternatively you could apply your profile to the beam tool which has a much wider story display selection including 'all stories'.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Another option (if it is unlikely to change) is to save as an object and "show on all stories".
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for all the suggestions.

I've tested it out and the beam works perfectly in regards to choosing which floors to show it on.

there is on problem however. It is important that the channels are 'cut' into the ground floor, and so I've been using solid elements operations. (It took over 2 hours as I had to do each piece separately. Trying to cut multiple pieces makes the floor slab 'disappear'!

The main problems is that although the slab appear on ground floor, it does not appear in 3D. I've checked all the options such as filtered elements, but it won't show up.

I've attached a screenshot of the channels and, as you can see, they are lots! (It's a rail-served automated distribution centre, with a distance of 500m)

Would there be another way of creating this, or at least fixing the issue of not having the ground floor show up in 3d.

Thank you very much.

Nathan

Learn and get certified!