cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Undocumented Improvements in AC15

Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Here is the beginning of a list of 'minor' fixes in AC15 that I was personally involved in. I hope that others may be able to add other undocumented improvements to it:

1. Mirroring text now mirrors the anchor point.
2. The Help menu search function is no longer case sensitive.
3. Fill Area Text's are transferable via the eyedropper/syringe.
4. Project North now accepts up to 4 decimals (when set in working units).
5. Right click on Layouts and Masters to edit their settings.
6. Module Save Options have a new display setting.

Cheers,
Link.
56 REPLIES 56
Anonymous
Not applicable
You still learn new things everyday!

But then this one is really AC15 (I hope): true projection of roofs including Custom Edge Settings.
JaredBanks
Mentor
Radial Distorted Fill is older than 15, but the button is now always visible. In 14 (And 13 I presume), the option only showed up if you exploded a circular wall that met all the criteria. Which as everyone knows only happens a few times per project.
Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects

Archicad Blog: www.shoegnome.com
Archicad Template: www.shoegnome.com/template/
Archicad Work Environment: www.shoegnome.com/work-environment/
Archicad Tutorial Videos: www.youtube.com/shoegnome
Anonymous
Not applicable
But then this one is really AC15 (I hope): true projection of roofs including Custom Edge Settings.
Yes, I will give you that one!

It's a shame with that option you now loose the ability to select a symbolic view of any rooflights placed. They are all projected as well.

On a related note - Where is the overhead linetype and pen for rooflights found now? I'm just seeing a solid line the same as the uncut portion.

Edit - Found it! For some reason you have to untick both 'Enable Object's Linetypes' & 'Enable Objects Pens' in the floorplan and section tab in the object settings. Seems counter-intuitive to me.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Master wrote:
You still learn new things everyday!

Is that undocumented?
Several New Feature videos on YouTube talk about it.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
The Special Menu has been divided into two parts: 59 GDL Developer and 60 Special Menu. There is a new command 'Run Parameter Script of all Placed objects' and I can really use that!
Anonymous
Not applicable
The help has been expanded: this part is about the Element Listing Parameters in the Interactive Schedule

vfrontiers
Enthusiast
vfrontiers wrote:
And for the love of all things good... please keep the TOOLBOX where I put it on a MAC! Every time I open ArchiCAD... it's bad enough that I have to move it back in place... but the darn thing resizes to the full height of the screen but is placed down 40 or 50 pxls so I have to drag it UP, resize it smaller, drag it down into place then drag it to fit the space I've left for it...

.... A little CHEESE to go with that WHINE!....
1. Crow tastes good!

2. It looks as thought GS DID fix this in AC15!
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Laura wrote:
Master wrote:
another one, the Quick Layers toolbar can now be docked!

It may dock, but it's still not saved as one of the Palette settings in the Work Environment.
I find some STRANGITY here too... I ALWAYS want Quick Layers open and visible (and in the same place I leave it)...
Ea time I open up AC... it disappears..

But... If I open up a floating palette (like COMPLEX PROFILES) and edit and store... Voila, the quick layers palette has re-appeared in the center of my screen..
Duane

Visual Frontiers

fuzzytnth3
Booster
vfrontiers wrote:
I find some STRANGITY here too... I ALWAYS want Quick Layers open and visible (and in the same place I leave it)...
Ea time I open up AC... it disappears..

But... If I open up a floating palette (like COMPLEX PROFILES) and edit and store... Voila, the quick layers palette has re-appeared in the center of my screen..
I get round this by making a toolbar for the Quick Layer and also TW commands and save that with my Work Environment. It then stays available at all times

AC versions 3.41 to 25 (UKI Full 5005).
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
I just TOOLBAR'd the quick layers a couple of days ago... Doesn't look as nice, but the buttons are there...

I may do the same for TOOLBOX as my previous post about how it nows stays put was premature! Seems if I have it ONE tool wide and pretty much the height of the screen, it does stay in place... but tucked in 3 tools wide and short, it continues to plant in some random place each time I open a file!
Duane

Visual Frontiers