cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Vectorial Shadows in ELevation - AC10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Guys,

Just a quick questions on Vectorial Shadows in elevation.

Say I have two buildings, A and B.

Building A is the proposed new building.

Building B is the existing neighboring building.

How can I see the vectorial over-shadowing effects of Building A on Building B in elevation?

My problem is that the section marker only shows what is in front of it. Thus if I move it in front of building B, it only shows the shadow effects of building B on itself without regards to the new building A.

But if I move the section marker in front of building A, then it visually blocks out building B.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Newxieland
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Then I turned transparency in 3d ON and choose the Internal Engine for my 3D Window.
Elevation.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
My problem is that I don't think it worked because when I went to the section tool to generate the elevation of Building B, the shadows looked exactly the same as the ones in the 3D window !

Am I doing something wrong here ?

Cheers
Anonymous
Not applicable
New_Xieland wrote:
It was kinda tricky because you can't save the entire model as a single gsm and I had to do it individually for each storey and then group them together.
Save your .gsm from the 3D window. This will give you the whole building as a single part.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Save your .gsm from the 3D window. This will give you the whole building as a single part.
I tried doing that but that's only possible if you're saving it as a Window or Door element.

When I tried to save it as an Object it prompted me :

"To save the 3D window as an Object, select top, side or a bottom view in the 3D dialog box"

Kinda weird I know because I remember that I did it before saving the whole model as a gsm in the 3D window like you suggested.
Djordje
Ace
Just go to an axo top view, and save. All will go to GSM.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen