cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Velux for roof/wall junction

Deme Marton
Participant

Hi all,

Does anyone know how to properly model this kind of window?
I have the velux pack but unfortunately it's not working out. The window only goes to the roof element.

Is there a workaround for a separate window for the wall and one for the roof element that can connect seamlessly?

I attached a screenshot for my model, The reference line for the roof is at 1200mm and the wall is trimmed to the roof. 
Any help would be appreciated.
Kind regards,

Marton 

image.png

Screenshot 2023-07-12 at 14.22.09.png

5 REPLIES 5
Erwin Edel
Rockstar

https://www.bimobject.com/en/velux/product/gel

You can download Archicad library parts from Velux.

Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
cuba
Advocate

The skylight tool makes an opening in the roof. Combine it with a empty opening in the wall.

Velux_1.png

It is also possible to use a skylight and a normal window but that will take more tweeking.

Apple M1 Max 32 GB Ventura
AC27

Hi Cuba, thanks for this,
I have the velux pack but unfortunately, the Velux VFE is not part of that list.
I tried to find it online but no success. Do you think you could attach your icf file from your library?

Would really appreciate it!

Kind regards,
Marton

Hello Marton,  you can have the .gsm files.  There are also available on bimobject.

Best regards,

Cuba 

Apple M1 Max 32 GB Ventura
AC27
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

Another option could be to model this using the Curtain Wall tool, which can be composed on a vertical and a sloped segment. You can draw that geometry in a Section/Elevation, or in the Floor Plan and 2D rotate it. Then you can use Windows as Panels. That way it would be a single element.

You could use the Opening tool to cut the hole into the Wall, and you could simply modify the Roof polygon geometry to create the hole in the Roof.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!