Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Very slow paste in AC10

godi
Enthusiast
We have a very annoying problem with AC10 (v1010):

The paste operation last 12 to 14 seconds to finish everytime!!

It's the same in all the machines (all Mac G4, G5 an Intel). In the office we are all connected to a server, but the problem is the same in my house machine and the ibook with no net connection.

We have no problem with AC9 in the same machines.

Any solution?

Thanks in advance.
34 REPLIES 34
alexliz24
Participant
Hi Chris, yes, I have (see previous post further up).

Other tips?
Alex Zachopoulos

MacBook Pro 17" 2.4GHz, MacOS X 10.5.6, ArchiCAD 11 & 12, WinXP, Vista (well, not really Vista...)
Chris Phillips
Contributor
Use Ac11!
alexliz24
Participant
Maybe it's my outdated signature that threw you off, Chris. I _am_ using AC11. It's with AC10 migrated project files that I'm experiencing the difficulty.

EDIT: I just did a New & Reset All and the problem is the same: I built two identical walls with a clear fill, then changed one to a composite structure fill. If I copy the clear fill wall, it takes a fraction of a second. For the other wall, I counted just over 2 sec. Obviously there is something the matter with the programming here. Graphisoft? Comment?
Alex Zachopoulos

MacBook Pro 17" 2.4GHz, MacOS X 10.5.6, ArchiCAD 11 & 12, WinXP, Vista (well, not really Vista...)
Haneef Tayob
Booster
If you switch off all but the 2 absolutely necessary floating pallets and docked windows, does it make a difference?
Haneef Tayob
Aziz Tayob Architects
AC23 INT rel 3003, OS X 10.14.6 iMac 3.3ghz i5 dual monitor, 24GB RAM
alexliz24
Participant
Funny thing, with all my usual pallettes open, it takes around 1.1 sec to copy all elements in my current window. Then, with all pallettes switched off, it once again takes approx. 1.1sec.

Go figure.
Alex Zachopoulos