cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License Delivery maintenance is expected to occur on Saturday, October 19, between 4 and 6 PM CEST. This may cause a short 60-minute outage in which license-related tasks: license key upload, download, update, SSA validation, access to the license pool may not function properly. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Very slow paste in AC10

godi
Enthusiast
We have a very annoying problem with AC10 (v1010):

The paste operation last 12 to 14 seconds to finish everytime!!

It's the same in all the machines (all Mac G4, G5 an Intel). In the office we are all connected to a server, but the problem is the same in my house machine and the ibook with no net connection.

We have no problem with AC9 in the same machines.

Any solution?

Thanks in advance.
34 REPLIES 34
Anonymous
Not applicable
I assume you have tested this with different data types (image, vector, building elements...). Is it the same copy/pasting from other programs and within ArchiCAD. I have seen slow paste with large image files but not otherwise in my recollection.
godi
Enthusiast
There's no difference between the things pasted. A simple line, a wall or all the objects of next floor, is the same: 12 a 14 seconds, wathever objet or objets.
Anonymous
Not applicable
We got the same problems with heavy times when copy/paste.
godi
Enthusiast
And you found any solution?
Djordje
Virtuoso
What are you copying and pasting?

Where (model or layout)?

What are the specs of your Macs?
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Djordje wrote:
What are you copying and pasting?

Where (model or layout)?

What are the specs of your Macs?
Godi is reporting it on all flavors of Macs while Tobias is on XP. So it seems to be cross platform. The strange thing to me is I have seen nothing of the sort myself.

Time for more details guys. Is it the same copying between (from and to) other programs and ArchiCAD, within the same session of ArchiCAD, between sessions of ArchiCAD...? I assume that you don't have this problem with any other program (you have tested that, right?).
godi
Enthusiast
We have two G4 2x867, three G5 2x2Ghz all with 1,5Gb of Ram, the MacPro 2x2,66 with 2 Gb. None of these have no problem with AC9 or any other program. All the macs with AC10 v1010. But I make a try with the original AC10 (the version in CD without update) and it's the same.

And the situation is very simple: Copy a line in one floor, go to the next one, and paste: 12 seconds waiting while the colourfull ball is turning. Copy a drawing in one layout ond go to another one and paste: 12 to 14 seconds again.

The same with all, no matter the size or quantity of the objets to paste. The same in one ArchiCAD session or between them. It's the only action of paste. And one time it`s no problem, but 12 seconds everytime is very annoying and very unproductive.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Well I'm stumped. Anyone else have any ideas?
godi
Enthusiast
Well, making changes I have discovered one thing:

The time waiting for paste operation depends of the numbers of layouts in the proyect.

Only 1 layout = near 0 time waiting

A lot of Layouts (as usual) = a lot ot time waiting