cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License Delivery maintenance is expected to occur on Saturday, October 19, between 4 and 6 PM CEST. This may cause a short 60-minute outage in which license-related tasks: license key upload, download, update, SSA validation, access to the license pool may not function properly. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Very slow paste in AC10

godi
Enthusiast
We have a very annoying problem with AC10 (v1010):

The paste operation last 12 to 14 seconds to finish everytime!!

It's the same in all the machines (all Mac G4, G5 an Intel). In the office we are all connected to a server, but the problem is the same in my house machine and the ibook with no net connection.

We have no problem with AC9 in the same machines.

Any solution?

Thanks in advance.
34 REPLIES 34
Anonymous
Not applicable
No such delays on my Mac, even on a project with 30 or 40 layouts. Perhaps the problem is being caused by something on your machines other than ArchiCAD which is affecting the system.

Is there anything common to all these machines - another installation or conflict?
Aussie John
Newcomer
well i get delays in a project with a lot of DWG ref files
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
Anonymous
Not applicable
Our problem is copy'n'paste in large .pln file (or even worse in teamworkfiles at same size). Say you want copy something from one floor to another.
But the thing that takes most time is to copy one viewset from one layout to another, it's a real nightmare in a large file. You can go and take a break. Say you have 7 stories and want to have the exact same view on all layouts, and you have too split your floorplan in 4 pieces because of it's size. That's going to be 27 copy'n'paste, and every copy'n'paste take at least 1-2 minutes because of the large size. A 30 minutes job there most of time are spent on waiting for the computer to be finished.

Our computer at work have latest XP Pro SP2, AC 10(1010 SWE), Intel 3.2GHz, 2Gb and an Nvidia gfx-card witdh 512Kb.
Djordje
Virtuoso
TurboGlider wrote:
But the thing that takes most time is to copy one viewset from one layout to another, it's a real nightmare in a large file.
Hm ... why would you use Copy/Paste? Drag the copy of the view (CTRL drag) from one layout to another in Navigator and/or Organizer?

Copy/Paste should be used ONLY for copying elements to and from stories. Oh, wait, let me ask a question: when you want to copy a file from one folder to another, what do you do?
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
AndorSzoke
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
TurboGlider wrote:
But the thing that takes most time is to copy one viewset from one layout to another, it's a real nightmare in a large file.

Hi TurboGlider,

Can you check if ArchiCADWiki article solves the problem:

http://www.archicadwiki.com/TechNotes/Speed_problems_in_copy-paste_operations?highlight=%28copy%29

Thanks in advance,
AndorSzőke
Product Management
GRAPHISOFT SE
Follow us on Twitter
GRAPHISOFT HelpCenter - the ArchiCAD knowledge base
alexliz24
Participant
I've had this problem for about a year now. I've even posted in this forum but it was this ArchiCAD Wiki entry that fixed it.

Once again, though, it becomes obvious that GS should have published this behavior a little more aggresively, so users know and are in a position to choose. Even better, add a switch in the GUI, perhaps in the Work Environment options, so that the average user, who can't go into editing .xml files on the Mac or the Registry on Windows, can reclaim their computer time and their ArchiCAD.

Once again, thanks Andor.
Alex Zachopoulos

MacBook Pro 17" 2.4GHz, MacOS X 10.5.6, ArchiCAD 11 & 12, WinXP, Vista (well, not really Vista...)
Thomas Holm
Booster
AndorSzoke wrote:
Hi TurboGlider,

Can you check if ArchiCADWiki article solves the problem:

http://www.archicadwiki.com/TechNotes/Speed_problems_in_copy-paste_operations?highlight=%28copy%29

Thanks in advance,
On the Mac, there is a much easier way to change the plist setting that the WIKI shows: Download and install the shareware app Plist Edit Pro from http://www.fatcatsoftware.com/plisteditpro/
It has a free trial period that will allow you to change this setting without problems, and without worrying about typing errors in the Terminal. Just open the preference file that the WIKI points to from within PlistEditPro, change the Input setting in question, save and you're done.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
alexliz24
Participant
Or you can use Apple's own (and free, if I'm not mistaken; it's available on the Developer DVD and on the Dev site) Property List Editor.
Alex Zachopoulos

MacBook Pro 17" 2.4GHz, MacOS X 10.5.6, ArchiCAD 11 & 12, WinXP, Vista (well, not really Vista...)
Haneef Tayob
Booster
We've just migrated from AC10 to AC11 and notice that the copy (ctrl-c) is extremely slow if we work in files started in AC10 or before. If I resave as AC10, and then work in AC10, there's no problem with speed in AC10.

We've tried Andor's suggestion to edit the registry, without any luck. We're also running the latest build AC11 (1114).

Any suggestions?
Haneef Tayob
Aziz Tayob Architects
AC23 INT rel 3003, OS X 10.14.6 iMac 3.3ghz i5 dual monitor, 24GB RAM
Anonymous
Not applicable
Djordje wrote:
Hm ... why would you use Copy/Paste? Drag the copy of the view (CTRL drag) from one layout to another in Navigator and/or Organizer?

Copy/Paste should be used ONLY for copying elements to and from stories. Oh, wait, let me ask a question: when you want to copy a file from one folder to another, what do you do?
Old thread, but see that I haven't answer you Djordje ..

Should be used ONLY? nah.. Who said that?

But, why we do it, is because here in Sweden (maybe everywhere else too) there is a layoutstandard that says that every pieces of a model vertical should be at the same place on a layout. Let say you have 15 floors, and 4-5 views of every floor. And you need 6 layouts for every floor and views. Build those layouts only with drag'n'drop....