Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Views and layouts disappearing in teamwork

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm having a problem with views and layouts disappearing from teamwork files. I opened a model that has been running fine for over a month, and all of the views had disappeared, and the layouts had become completely disorganized. I closed the damaged file and opened a backup file, which I saved as a solo file. When I reopened the solo file and told Archicad to share the project, things still seemed to be ok, but as soon as another user logged in to the file and I sent/received, once again all the views were gone and the layouts reorganized. The views are all set as "Public Views." I then tried opening the solo file on another computer, and again all of the views were gone. All of these files and the libraries they're referencing are saved on a shared server, but Archicad seems to think that all of the information associated with the necessary views is saved locally on my computer. Any ideas how I can fix this mess and successfully share the views with other users?

I'm working in AC 10 on a Mac running OS X.
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have the chills thinking of moving to 10
TomWaltz
Participant
egreene wrote:
I'm having a problem with views and layouts disappearing from teamwork files. I opened a model that has been running fine for over a month, and all of the views had disappeared, and the layouts had become completely disorganized. I closed the damaged file and opened a backup file, which I saved as a solo file. When I reopened the solo file and told Archicad to share the project, things still seemed to be ok, but as soon as another user logged in to the file and I sent/received, once again all the views were gone and the layouts reorganized. The views are all set as "Public Views." I then tried opening the solo file on another computer, and again all of the views were gone. All of these files and the libraries they're referencing are saved on a shared server, but Archicad seems to think that all of the information associated with the necessary views is saved locally on my computer. Any ideas how I can fix this mess and successfully share the views with other users?

I'm working in AC 10 on a Mac running OS X.
I had a problem that resembled that (losing views) consistently in Archicad 9. I have not seen it in AC10 yet.

What is your network setup like? File server type, server OS, etc...
Tom Waltz
Andy Thomson
Advisor
This is very worrisome. I was very badly burned by teamwork in AC9, and have only slowly crept back in there.

Who creates and modifies views in your teamwork file? (apart from the public views that were there on sharing the file) In AC9, this was maintained religiously ONLY by a single team leader. If different users signed in as team leader, we had the problem of disappearing views.

I thought all of this would have been resolved once we got into teammate defined vs. 'public' views...

As for path issues, we had to map everyone's path to the libraries exactly the same way, otherwise the same libraries were loading 2 and 3 times, based on the original state of the file on sharing, and secondly the state that the user first signed in with...
Andy Thomson, M.Arch, OAA, MRAIC
Director
Thomson Architecture, Inc.
Instructor/Lecturer, Toronto Metropolitan University Faculty of Engineering & Architectural Science
AC26/iMacPro/MPB Silicon M2Pro