cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Wall Cleanup

Anonymous
Not applicable
I know this must have been covered before but I don't know how to search the archives. How do I get walls of different thicknesses to clean up automatically? Or what is the best way to do it manually? See picture:
37 REPLIES 37
TomWaltz
Participant
The easiest way is to make sure the reference line of both walls lines up (along the side of the wall that should align)
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
Specifically, I would intersect them as below, with the coplanar walls joined at point A and the perpendicular one forming a butt joint at point B. It may also work just fine if all three intersect at A, but there is a chance that the two thinner walls will form a miter leaving a line in elevation in the corridor. In my solution there may be a line in the inside elevation of the shaft wall, but I expect that is probably not a problem. Either solution should clean up in plan.
Anonymous
Not applicable
ok , talking about this , i have always have problems with this issue, usually i try many things " no obvious rules" if it didn't work i'll add the intersection shape as a "polygonal wall", but still i think i am doing something wrong
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here are three variations of your condition plus an asymmetrical offset. In all cases the diagonal wall must be offset to align with the intersection of the orthogonal ones. (Use offset instead of centerline - Modify Wall doesn't work if any centerline walls are selected.)
Anonymous
Not applicable
oooh!!! so this is the use of View reference lines option!!

THANX..but still i feel like .. really thanx!!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi folks,

Here is an annoying problem: When I create 3 walls (same material and hotspot) linked by a node, the 2d view is perfect, but the 3d view creates lines in the nodes! Is there any standard procedure for this situation?...
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi folks,

Sorry I didn't saw this thread and posted a new thread with the same situation...

Here is an annoying problem: When I create 3 walls with a "T" shape (same material and hotspot) linked by a node, the 2d view is perfect, but the 3d view creates lines in the nodes! Is there any standard procedure for this situation?...
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry.... there was a thread with this subject here.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

are you sure that yours walls are put in a line ?
one of them in your picture (at the right bottom) seems to be
out of the line ?

Cheers