Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Wall Sections

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can anyone tell me if I am doing wall sections right in Archicad? The wall on the right is a composite wall section straight from the Archicad section tool. This section is adequate for a small scale of 1/8" or 1/4" building section.

But a larger scale wall section requires more details showing CMU coursing (see wall section on the left). To to get that I put the fills shown in the middle right on the top of the wall on the right, essentially doing some drafting.

Of course one can create a complex profile using the same fills, but it does not look right in plan. So is there a better way to do wall sections showing the CMU coursing without much drafting on the top of it? Thanks.

Wall Sections.JPG
6 REPLIES 6
While you could easily get different fills in plan and section using Graphic Overrides, I think the accuracy of the coursing would be an issue in sections so you are probably stuck with a drafting approach. You might also look at http://thebimstore.com/bim-products/gdl-objects/cavity-wall-section.html for a parametric object. They also have a simpler version.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Anonymous
Not applicable
Richard, thanks.
Karl Griffith
Booster
You could also set up the complex profile such that each course is its own fill, there by establishing the coursing just as you want it. Doesn't look exactly like a 2d detail, but the fills could be refined for the building materials. Just another option.
ArchiCAD 22

Win 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl,

Thanks. This method has some possibilities.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Cheikh wrote:
...Of course one can create a complex profile using the same fills, but it does not look right in plan....
You can get the Plan View to look correct using a Complex Profile.
You may just need to adjust the Cut Plane to a better place and set the Floor Plan Display to Cut Only.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25