Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Wall Slab Complex Profiles

Chris Grantham
Advocate
This may be a pretty simple question, but it is one that has plagued me for a long time. For some reason I can never get a complex profiled wall and slab to clean up properly in section. I would like the framing to extend to each other, but the Gyp. board always extends through the wall. I have set the priorities to appropriate numbers but to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated, and apologies if this has been answered and I missed it.

-Chris

Priority.jpg
16" MacBook Pro M1 Max
Mac OS 12.2.1
ArchiCAD 25 Build 6005
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Peter pointed a good and effective solution...

Personally... I would create a 2d patch... Also quick and easy...

With the advantage of not charging the file with another SEO operation.
Karl Ottenstein
Braza wrote:
Peter pointed a good and effective solution...

Personally... I would create a 2d patch... Also quick and easy...

With the advantage of not charging the file with another SEO operation.
Hi Braza,

Prior to SEO, I would have used the patch, too. I use Peter's method and have never had it slow down my models ... but I'm usually looking at dozens rather than hundreds of walls.

I prefer that everything be 'live', and of course patches can bite you later if you move the wall / whatever. We can say that we only patch for final CD, but the truth is that when a patch has to be used, it probably gets inserted during working drawings since the partners and client don't want to see the ugliness that the patch is hiding. (This example is one that they probably wouldn't notice except for in an enlarged detail anyway.)

I'm still looking forward to the version of ArchiCAD in which all drawings can be live without any patching (required for SEO to be seen in 2D today, certain complex intersections, to get dashed lines to appear properly, etc) or manual over-rides (required to get text included in dimension strings, e.g.).

The shorter the list of manual things to double-check before a drawing set goes to PDF or the printer, the better, IMHO. So, here, I would use Peter's method until I observed that performance was taking a (big) hit.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Karl,
Karl wrote:
The shorter the list of manual things to double-check before a drawing set goes to PDF or the printer, the better, IMHO. So, here, I would use Peter's method until I observed that performance was taking a (big) hit.
You are right... Perhaps I'm a little bit traumatised with my long relationship with my ex... computer... amd 2000+, 256mb RAM, 64mb Video, XP Pro 32 bits
Karl Ottenstein
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
vistasp
Advisor
Braza wrote:
Hi Karl,
Perhaps I'm a little bit traumatised with my long relationship with my ex... computer... amd 2000+, 256mb RAM, 64mb Video, XP Pro 32 bits
There, there, Paulo. XP with 256 RAM would have broken a lesser person but you are a survivor! 😉
= v i s t a s p =
bT Square Peg
https://archicadstuff.blogspot.com
https://www.btsquarepeg.com
| AC 9-27 INT | Win11 | Ryzen 5700 | 32 GB | RTX 3050 |