cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License Delivery maintenance is expected to occur on Saturday, October 19, between 4 and 6 PM CEST. This may cause a short 60-minute outage in which license-related tasks: license key upload, download, update, SSA validation, access to the license pool may not function properly. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Wall cropped to roof can't be stretched....

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi All,

I'm pretty much brand new to ArchiCAD, so apologies straight off the bat if this is a stupid question!

I've got some walls that are cropped at the top to the roof over them. I've just realised I need to offset the bottom of the walls so they're sat below the storey level.

However, when I select them and offset the bottom instead of just showing the bottom of the wall extending down further, it just shoots the whole wall down so I i get a gap between the cut top of the wall and the roof it's cropped to.

I guess I could draw another wall directly below the ones I want to offset, but that seems a bit OTT!

Any ideas how I can get the walls to offset but keep the top in the same place?
3 REPLIES 3
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
The Crop to Roof command does not create an association between the Wall and the Roof cutting it.
Select both the Wall and the Roof, right-click and use the "Connect\Trim Elements to Roof/Shell" command of the context menu to create an associative cut between the Wall and the Roof. Then, when you move the Wall lower, the connection will be automatically updated.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Barry Kelly
You will still need to check the overall height of your wall.
Adjusting the bottom height of the wall will lower the whole wall unless you have linked the top to a storey.
What you are seeing in the info box is the wall height and home offset.
Changing the home offset does not change the overall height of the wall.

Another option is to stretch the wall base in elevation or 3D view.
Then the top will stay where it is.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Brill thanks guys, much appreciated!