Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Wall with different sidings

GJWarch
Participant
I am trying to create a wall with horizontal siding on the lower portion and stucco on the upper portion.
It isn’t easy… maybe I’m missing something. I found tips on the web, I found a Shoenome article of a very labor intensive solution using Complex Profiles with AC 17. Hard to find any info in AC23 manual.

I remember seeing something about “skins” that can be applied to walls in a newer version of ArchiCAD… now I can’t find anything. I’ve wasted lots of time going through videos… maybe it had something to do with Twinmotion.

I thought I could stack walls with different siding and all would be well, but now I can’t place a door in 2 different walls.

I hope there is a solution to this that is simple and elegant. It seems very basic to creating architecture.
4 REPLIES 4
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Could you post a screenshot of how the final result should look like?
Maybe draw it on the Floor Plan using Fills?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
GJWarch
Participant
Sure! Attached is a screen shot of the wall in elevation.
Thank you
poco2013
Mentor
The easiest way that I use is to create a complex profile. About five minutes work but once done. Note you may have to also create a new BM for the siding or stucco color? Also I usually add a divider between the stucco and siding in the profile -- not shown.
Gerry

Windows 11 - Visual Studio 2022; ArchiCAD 27
bouhmidage
Advisor
* if you want to split the wall vertically : just split the wall and apply different skins for each wall
* if you want to devide the wall horizontally : work with complex profiles,you can add also modifiers to the profile to stretch the skins, or hide some of them (skin height = 0 )
AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 10 GB
Archicad 25
Windows 10 professional
https://www.behance.net/Nuance-Architects