Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Walls Disappear Immediately After Drawing Them

Miner
Contributor

I must have set the project up incorrectly as every time I draw a wall it disappears.  I draw it on the Ground Floor and it only appears on the 2 Story.  I've tried adjusting every setting to get the wall to show on the Ground Floor but to no avail.  Any ideas on how to correct this?  This happens to every wall I draw.

I started the project with a Mesh with real world elevations.  My site is about 6000' above sea level.  I set the middle of the site to be my Ground Floor, which is 6000' elevation.  

Slabs show just fine and it looks like they are set to the same references.

Any idea what I'm dong wrong?

Thanks!

Archicad 26 Solo
iMac 27" 3.8GHz i7
8GB RAM
2 REPLIES 2
Gerry Leonor
Advisor

a few things to check:

• check to see if your default Home Storey for your wall is set to the Storey you're working on. if you're working on 0.ground, make sure the wall is set to 0.ground & not 2.second floor or something else
  • also, check that the Floor Plan Cut Plane settings is at the correct level where you want it to be & that the wall is actually being cut by it & that the wall's Floor Plan Display Settings is what you need it to be. I typically have it set to All Relevant Stories & to Absolute Display Limit (in most cases)
AC25 | Win10 | 64Gb RAM | Intel i7 13700F | RTX 4070 Ti
>come join our unofficial Discord server
https://discord.gg/XGHjyvutt8

@Gerry Leonor wrote:

a few things to check:

• check to see if your default Home Storey for your wall is set to the Storey you're working on. if you're working on 0.ground, make sure the wall is set to 0.ground & not 2.second floor or something else

This is the most likely option. GS have been made aware that there isn't much sense or logic in drawing unseen elements on a different storey to the one you are working on. It's also one of those things that can easily catch out and frustrate newcomers. When will they will fix it? Who knows... 

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)