Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Why Archicad on the iPad matters

Thomas Holm
Booster
Why Archicad on the iPad matters — even if just a viewer, thin client or whatever: Do read this!

The iPad has sold 30 million units. In less than a year and a half.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
11 REPLIES 11
JaredBanks
Mentor
Low sales for AutoCAD for Mac are probably a result of no one other than college students (who maybe can get it for free?) needing or wanting it. If you're an architect using macs, you're not going to drop your current program to go to autocad. If you're on a PC and using autocad, you're not going to buy a mac and then buy a copy of a software you already have for your new platform. And if you're starting a firm, who thinks "okay it's going to be a mac firm. Now I need a good software package. Well autocad is cutting edge, I'll go with that."

I think the hype around AutoCAD for Mac is therefore a lot of smoke and mirrors.
Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects

Archicad Blog: www.shoegnome.com
Archicad Template: www.shoegnome.com/template/
Archicad Work Environment: www.shoegnome.com/work-environment/
Archicad Tutorial Videos: www.youtube.com/shoegnome
Anonymous
Not applicable
laszlonagy wrote:
I recently read an interview with Autodesk guys, I think it was the Q2 financial results conference transcript and there was a question about Revit for Mac and the answer was that it is currently not planned.
My bet is that Revit for Mac is definitely happening. You only have to look at how many iOS apps Autodesk are releasing now days. A port of Revit to Mac wouldn't be impossible.

The reason Autocad is a flop on Mac is because no wanted autocad in the first place.