cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Window Shadows

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I'm using Archicad's auto rebuild setting for the first time to generate my elevations. Normally I would use the Archicad model to generate a base drawing, project a 2D copy and then clean up any redundant line work to generate my elevations. As your no doubt aware that this leaves a lot of room for human error as the project progresses.

I'm experiencing some difficulty with my shadows in elevation. I' m trying to change the colour of my windows in elevation then have the shadows appear as a darker colour of the windows. I have tried playing with the glass settings, but haven't had any luck. Has anyone figured out a way to do this?

I have attached a screen shot of the window with shadow and the materials settings dialogue box. I'm using Archicad 16 on a mac. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable
Forgot to add this.
Screen shot 2013-06-08 at 11.17.14 PM.png
Anonymous
Not applicable
use a fill over the glass area.
elevationinternet.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
Walter_Vuletic wrote:
Forgot to add this.
In the material settings window apply any fill except empty.
Also in the settings section and elevation is possible change the pen and background shadows.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I tried what your suggesting SL GDL, but it didn't work. The shadows are mean to be a darker colour on the glass, but instead they are the same and the window frame gets shadow. Please see attached images. Am I missing something?

I generally use the method that Splitltd has suggested, but are looking for a more bullet proof method.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Materials settings.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Elevation Settings.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Perhaps if you set your glass to 49% transparency.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Use 3D view for this type of elevation.
Set the mode to OpenGL, shading, sun shadows on, transparency off.
Play with other settings to get what you want. Also look into use of 3D docs.
Shadows on glass are darker than shadows on sash frames.
window with sun shade.png
Mario Sacco
Expert
Use hatch solid fill (no 100 %) with the colour you want in the material assigned to the glass. Then show hatch fills in the elevation. It works.
MacBook M1 Max 64GB- OS X 12.2.1 - Archicad 27
https://www.archiradar.it/en/