cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Window & Door Favorites

Do window and door favorites have to be anchored to a specific storey or can they be taught to put a header at 7' above any given storey.

We model walls that extend below the top of the floor slab and so an anchor by wall base doesn't work. The extent to which they run past the floor slab varies, so using the anchor to wall base doesn't work.

So far, I've been forced to create a favorites palette of windows for each individual floor.

Is there any way to reduce this to a single list of favorite windows with an anchor point relative to the current storey.
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-5030 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.5
2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly
In the favourite preferences you can set it to ignore the window/door anchor point.
You will now have to manually set your windows to anchor to the head above the storey (probably is set to that already) but as you move up and down storeys it should reset to suit each storey.

Note this will apply to all window and door favourites.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Thanks Barry. I'll try that. Curious to see if this preference setting persists from one session to the next and then whether it persists once each user has set this.

We run ArchiCAD on Citrix Servers and I'm still not clear how one's preferences are remembered across the various virtual machines.

Makes me feel old.
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-5030 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.5