cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Window reference line and rough openings

NILAM
Participant

A couple questions about windows:

1- Is there anyway to set a window in the wall using the reference line of the wall?  I draw my walls so the reference line is the face of the exterior sheathing, not finish.  I would like my windows to be placed using the sheathing line, not the face of the finish.  My goal here is to have one window that can be used on multiple projects.  Regardless of what siding or wall type you are using the window is always placed in the correct spot.

2- Rough openings - is there anyway to make rough opening show in plan, but not in 3D or exterior elevations?  I want to have the line in plan for dimensioning, but want the window to look correct in elevation.

3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly

1. just set the reveal depth in the default window tool before you place a window.

It will then stay set to that until you change it again.

2. I have no idea sorry.

I don't use rough openings and I don't even use the default Archicad windows, so I am unfamiliar with their settings.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Thanks Barry.  I am trying to create a standard for the office and was trying to avoid having to double check this every time we have a different wall type.  If I have a project with 3-4 different sidings I need to create 3-4 different reveal depths and verify them every time.   If it could just use the wall reference line things could be standardized a bit more throughout the office.

Lingwisyer_0-1688978111275.png

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660