cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Windows don't show on floorplan but do in 3D and sections

Anonymous
Not applicable
Using SE 2011 on a Mac, recently encountered a problem with a ribbon window not appearing on the floorplan despite being ion the model and visible in 3D views and sections.

The wall is anchored to the story at 3'-6" as is the window. the cut plane is set at 4'-6" from the story level, so, in theory, the floorplans should cut through the window no problem.

For some reason it doesn't show-up.

Any suggestions?

Daniel
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
check your model view options? Document>Model View Options>Options for Construction Elements - there are buttons that define the visibility of windows,doors and skylights in plan view.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks. I checked those settings and they seem normal - windows set to be visible on the floor plan. Other windows appear just fine, it's only these ones with with the wall starting at the same height above the story level as the window sill. The odd thing is that when I set the window itself to "projected only", it appears on the plan. When set to "symbolic", it disappears.

But, I just found a solution - change the insert point to reference the wall base and not the story level. Problem solved.

Thanks for your suggestion - it's good to know there is help out there.

Daniel
Anonymous
Not applicable
You should check your story settings. If accidentally the height is lower than your wall, your windows don't show.
Anonymous
Not applicable
You can also set your wall Floor Plan Display>Symbolic Cut if you absolutely want to show your windows even though they are lower than your Cut Plane.