Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Workspace not Trace & Referencing to SAME coord. as Plan

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
I can not get a drawing located at a specific coordinate in Workspace window, once Trace & Referenced, to the SAME coordinate as Plan window. Is there a way to get it to automatically go to the same coordinate like Plan Trace & Referenced to Plan; short of moving the Referenced drawing?
Thanks,
Joseph
12 REPLIES 12
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Can you show a screenshot with a better explanation of what type of trace reference is not in the correct position?

There is a 'Reset to Default Position' command on the Trace & Reference palette.

Cheers,
Link.
Reset Trace Reference.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
Link wrote:
Can you show a screenshot with a better explanation of what type of trace reference is not in the correct position?
There is a 'Reset to Default Position' command on the Trace & Reference palette.
Cheers,
Link.
Thanks Link to rescue between sleep less nights.....
I have used "Reset to Default Position" and still the shift, followings are the two screenshots:
Anonymous
Not applicable
And here Worksheet Traced to Plan
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Yes, it's all a bit of a mess isn't it. I don't know all the idiosynchrasies, so will leave that open to someone who does.

What I can tell so far about referencing on the floor plan is that a referenced linked detail, will position the reference relative to the detail origin. That's the little cross you see in the middle of the detail bubble. A referenced linked worksheet will position the reference relative to the project origin. A referenced linked section/elevation will also position the reference relative to the porject origin.

For independent viewpoints, layouts and masters, the position of the reference seems rather random, although I am sure it has some logic that the GS programmer in the back of the room probably only understands.

And that's just for referencing in the floor plan! Until this is explained futher and/or fixed, I would suggest just using the 'Drag Reference' command to position your references.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Link wrote:
Yes, it's all a bit of a mess isn't it. I don't know all the idiosynchrasies, so will leave that open to someone who does.

What I can tell so far about referencing on the floor plan is that a referenced linked detail, will position the reference relative to the detail origin. That's the little cross you see in the middle of the detail bubble. A referenced linked worksheet will position the reference relative to the project origin. A referenced linked section/elevation will also position the reference relative to the porject origin.

For independent viewpoints, layouts and masters, the position of the reference seems rather random, although I am sure it has some logic that the GS programmer in the back of the room probably only understands.

And that's just for referencing in the floor plan! Until this is explained futher and/or fixed, I would suggest just using the 'Drag Reference' command to position your references.

Cheers,
Link.
Thanks a mil. for info & assuring I not going crazy. yet!
Thanks,
Joseph
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
No worries.

I am assuming GS is aware of the issue, but may not realize just how lame it is. It's probably also why they can't figure out how to make a referenced layout determine the position of a placed drawing.

At least they have given us the option to paste relative to the reference location (when pasting into a reference viewpoint).

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Link wrote:
At least they have given us the option to paste relative to the reference location (when pasting into a reference viewpoint).
Cheers,
Link.
This window only shows up when the elements go beyond the window of plan view, other wise pasts to the Reference Location automatically; no control.

On top of that it is always Grayed Out; when does it come to use?

In with regard to Trace & Referenced I have reported it is a Bug; by default Trace & Reference should go to REFERENCED LOCATION like all other windows.
Thanks,
Joseph
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
As the AC Help states:

This option is only available if a Reference view is shown; if the Reference view’s origin is at a different location from the Active view’s origin; and if that Reference view is of the same type (e.g. Floor Plan) as the contents of the Clipboard.

This was obviously written by the same programmer in the back of the room, but if you reference a floor plan in an elevation and try pasting an element from the floor plan into that elevation, then the dialog will appear as shown.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks a mil.
Joseph

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!