Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Yet another wall clean up issue

Paul King
Advisor

I have inherited an ArchiCAD 26 model in which composite walls will just not clean up based on materials priority.  I am sure I am missing something obvious, but cannot seem to put my finger on it.

Per the screenshot below, a timber stud wall simply passes over a wall containing concrete without the materials interacting in any way, even though the wall reference lines touch. 

The concrete material has a higher materials priority than the intersecting timber material, while the plaster board linings for each composite wall all have the same priority - so based on that I would expect the stud wall timber to be cut short by the concrete material , and the plaster board to heal either side - but that is not what happens.

The walls are all on the same story, and have the same 'new' renovation status.  

Under Project Preferences/Legacy, walls clean up is not set to 'Legacy' mode (I tried it, and it does not help)

PaulKing_0-1678249562461.png

What am I missing here?

I have attached a module containing the walls, in case that helps.

PAUL KING | https://www.prime.net.nz
ArchiCAD 8-27 | Twinmotion 2023
Windoze 11 PC | Intel Core i9 10900K | Nvidia Gforce RTX 3080 | 32 Gb DDR3 | 2x4K monitor extended desktop
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
3 REPLIES 3
Solution
Lingwisyer
Guru

Same Layer Group?

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Solution
Barry Kelly

Walls in different layers with different (or zero) intersection group numbers?

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Paul King
Advisor

Bingo!  Yes, the layer combo for the view had wrong intersection priorities set (freelancing for new office & with unfamiliar setup - suspect their template has been in use for quite a while and may even predate materials priorities being introduced into ArchiCAD).

Thanks guys!

PAUL KING | https://www.prime.net.nz
ArchiCAD 8-27 | Twinmotion 2023
Windoze 11 PC | Intel Core i9 10900K | Nvidia Gforce RTX 3080 | 32 Gb DDR3 | 2x4K monitor extended desktop

Start a new conversation!

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!