Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Zone Area Gross Calculation Wrong

Anonymous
Not applicable
It seems that if the gross or net polygon shapes are both reporting the "NET" area. In my screen Shot the "GARAGE" zone is first zone Geometry method (all call it the Tracing Method) the tracing is of the wall reference lines. The zone Labeled "GARAGE2" is using the third icon in the Info Box and the Gross radio button is selected. Areas should be the same..........

From Help Manual:

You can choose between the display of gross or net polygon shapes. These two radio buttons are only active if the zone is defined by the reference line construction method (third icon in the Info Box).

If you choose the Net option, the zone polygon will not be displayed beyond the inner edge of the boundary walls.
Select the Gross radio button if you want the full zone polygon displayed.

Zone Area Gross Calculation Wrong.JPG
14 REPLIES 14
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
OK, please send me the Zone Stamp Object you are using and I will find and do it in there.
I think this is the fastest way.
It might be a lot longer to explain.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Jay wrote:
Okay, I am no where near GDL literate, but I will ask anyway if there is a way to ALSO calculate the area based on the display of the Zone polygon. This seems like what should happen anyway but I will concede that some may only want the "Floor" Area. We are almost always required to report the area to the "outside" of the wall..
Jay,
Thank you for the replay on my question about "Zone stamp 2d script, Need Help Please, Thanks." I think the folloing link may help:
ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Working in ArchiCAD >>> Zone Gross Area Does Not Show in Stamp,Why?
Thanks,
Joseph
Anonymous
Not applicable
Laz, Thank you for the Gracious offer. You are always helpful. I think that this link here is what I needed.... Right.

Joseph, thank you for the Link to Susanne Olsson's Help. This is what I needed. Thanks Again. Sorry that I do not recall helping you in the "Zone stamp 2d script, Need Help Please, Thanks."
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
OK, great.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
For all those following the Thread....

Just to Correct a Previous Screen Shot that displayed Method 1 to the outside of the wall, but showing 82.51 sq ft. This was an error, or rather I had not Updated the Zone after moving the polygon to the outside of the walls. The New attached image displays the correct representation of the Method 1.