Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Zone schedule

Tom Krowka
Booster
Am using zones for finish schedule, room names,e tc. After setting up the schedule, can't get the room numbers to read in any order.

I did inset the numbers so they would look center justified with the room names on the plan. Is this the problem? Does the schedule pick up the empty spaces on the room number option and screw up my nice ascending order of rooms?

Maybe I can either have justified numbers and names, or a schedule that is in numerical order, but not both?
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tom wrote:
I did inset the numbers so they would look center justified with the room names on the plan. Is this the problem? Does the schedule pick up the empty spaces on the room number option and screw up my nice ascending order of rooms?

Maybe I can either have justified numbers and names, or a schedule that is in numerical order, but not both?

I'm not sure if I understand what the insertion of spaces is doing for you; justification of the text within the stamp is an available parameter within the Zone Settings dialogue box.

Putting spaces in the numbers will affect the sort order; a 5 with a space in front of it will display before a 2. Look at your set up: made sure you are sorting by Room Number not by ID. They are different.

woodster
Tom Krowka
Booster
I'm not sure if I understand what the insertion of spaces is doing for you; justification of the text within the stamp is an available parameter within the Zone Settings dialogue box.
I'm using the spaces to manually move the number to the right so it is basically underneath and in the center of the name of the room above. I cannot find any way to justify the text within the stamp other than that way. The custom settings tab in the zone selection settings tab is greyed out. Might it be in there, and how do I activate it?

Also, I noticed you had "story" in your criteria. If I sort by numbers in order, so I need to have the story criteria in the schedule?

I always appreciate the help.
Tom Krowka Architect
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
Tom Krowka
Booster
I have found and solved my prob., but now I have another related one. I was using "zone identifier" which does not have the justification option. Zone identifier 2 does. I went to the zone category under options pull down, and changed to ZI 2 and made the modifications I wanted under the pull down, (ie text size of details, center justification, frame on ) then click ok.

The drawing regenerates and changes the zone stamp, but to the default setting of the zone identifier before I made modifications to the default. How can I get this to accept modifications. I tried update zones, but that is not the right thing.

This is getting really really irritating. I must be overlooking something.
Tom Krowka Architect
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
Tom Krowka
Booster
Also, tried changing all the stamps at once a couple of other way that did not work either. Select zones inside the marquee, changed to ZI #2. Changed everything, but gave all the rooms the same number. Don't want to change 50 room numbers individually.

Tried changing a few individually, and guess what, the room numbers inside the frame don't justify. What is shown in the preview window is not what you get on the drawing.

Now this is really starting chap me off.
Tom Krowka Architect
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tom,

you need to go to Options/Zone Categories and change the default Zone Stamp there

woodster
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tom wrote:
Also, I noticed you had "story" in your criteria. If I sort by numbers in order, do I need to have the story criteria in the schedule?
No
Tom Krowka
Booster
Woody:

You must be behind the computer more than I am.
The drawing regenerates and changes the zone stamp, but to the default setting of the zone identifier before I made modifications to the default. How can I get this to accept modifications. I tried update zones, but that is not the right thing.
This is what happened after I changed and modified the default in Options/Zone Categories. I can't get the drawing to accept the default with the modifications (such as font size, justification, and frame). It resets all the zone stamps to the unmodified default. When I go back to Options/zone categories it shows me the modified default.

How do I get the drawing to accept the modified default.
Tom Krowka Architect
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Tom wrote:
Woody:

You must be behind the computer more than I am.
This is what happened after I changed and modified the default in Options/Zone Categories. I can't get the drawing to accept the default with the modifications (such as font size, justification, and frame). It resets all the zone stamps to the unmodified default. When I go back to Options/zone categories it shows me the modified default.

How do I get the drawing to accept the modified default.
If I understand your problem correctly, then the solution is to open the Zone Stamp object for editing and change the default values there. Save it and then it will work as you wanted.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
laszlonagy wrote:
If I understand your problem correctly, then the solution is to open the Zone Stamp object for editing and change the default values there. Save it and then it will work as you wanted.
Laszlo's suggestion will certainly do it or you can create a Zones Favorites pallet

woodster