Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Zoom to Selection

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok, why is Zoom to Selection grayed out in in the Zoom menu of AC10. All other zoom options are available thru the Menu or a keyboard shortcut (except Zoom Out which has disappeared from the menu/shortcut). You can create a keyboard shortcut, but it doesn't work. Also, why in AC10 are there not keyboard shortcuts available for Zoom Out & Pan? It's a real waste of time to constantly have to go the menu or the zoom bar to get to these commands. These are basic type commands and should be available for a keyboard shortcut - they were in previous versions.

Mac G4 1.4 GHz. 1G RAM AC 10 latest.
Mac G5 1.3 GHz. 2G RAM AC 10 latest.
5 REPLIES 5
TomWaltz
Participant
Do you have anything selected?
Tom Waltz
Jim wrote:
Also, why in AC10 are there not keyboard shortcuts available for Zoom Out & Pan? It's a real waste of time to constantly have to go the menu or the zoom bar to get to these commands. These are basic type commands and should be available for a keyboard shortcut - they were in previous versions.
It might be time to invest in an IntelliMouse...
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC27 US (5003) on Mac OS Ventura 13.6.2
Started on AC4.0 in 91/92/93; full-time user since AC8.1 in 2004
__archiben
Booster
Laura wrote:
It might be time to invest in an IntelliMouse...
speaking as someone who clung to the single-button-mac-mouse belligerently for years i can say that a whole new world opened up for me after i finally bought a (gasp!) 3 button mouse . . . are you saying archicad has a 'zoom out' command?!

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Gerald Hoffman
Advocate
Archiben you're joking right? On a PC you can zoom in and out with the scroll wheel and pan by holding the scroll wheel down and moving the mouse or in my case the track ball. Having uses a Logitech Trackman Wheel for the last 6 or 7 years I don't know how you guys use mice(s). I would guess it is at least 40% quicker for getting around the screen. And you never have to pick it up as you run out of room before you run out of screen.

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers,
Gerald Hoffman
“The simplification of anything is always sensational” GKC
Archicad 4.55 - 27-6000 USA
2019 MacBook Pro-macOS 15.0 (64GB w/ AMD Radeon Pro 5600M GPU)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Jim wrote:
Ok, why is Zoom to Selection grayed out in in the Zoom menu of AC10.
Select object(s) first then ...
TomWaltz wrote:
Do you have anything selected?
Jim wrote:
All other zoom options are available thru the Menu or a keyboard shortcut (except Zoom Out which has disappeared from the menu/shortcut).
In AC-10 Zoom Out = Reduce Zoom; Zoom In = Increase Zoom
By default AC-10 has different Many-Scheme so, if you wish you can modify it like old one in AC-9 with Work Environment/Command Layout Schemes/Menus or import old one (scheme from AC-9).
Jim wrote:
You can create a keyboard shortcut, but it doesn't work.
False, maybe you forgot to apply scheme after making the new one !
Jim wrote:
Also, why in AC10 are there not keyboard shortcuts available for Zoom Out & Pan?
The same like two answers up, it's not really necessary if you work with sh.cuts (previously defined) or picks up from zoom bar.
Jim wrote:
It's a real waste of time to constantly have to go the menu or the zoom bar to get to these commands. These are basic type commands and should be available for a keyboard shortcut - they were in previous versions.
Yes, they were! New ArchiCad - new game

Finaly, when you start AC-10 by default there is different many, different AC-10 shortcuts (no including ZoomOut ZoomIn). Check Options/Work Environment then make some gym with manies, Palettes, Toolbars etc. like you want and you'll be satisfied.
Work Env.png