Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

cadimage accessory tool problem

Anonymous
Not applicable
hi, i'm using the wall tool to add board and batten. for some reason, it will not work on some of the walls. it makes this up-side-down v-shape pattern and that's it. nothing shows up in elevation or 3d.
here's what i've tried:

-compare to another wall that works, can't find any difference in the wall attributes.
-move the wall away, then its works.
-move it back, then it doesn't work. so its something to do with the location and interaction with the model/story.

can anyone help.

mac osx, ac 11.

SCREEN PIC.jpg
7 REPLIES 7
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
It is possible that it is COINCIDENT with the main wall.

Create a NEW LAYER and set it's priority number DIFFERENT that your regular walls. Put Board and Batten walls on that layer so the DON'T try to JOIN with the regular walls.
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
Anonymous
Not applicable
ok, so i tried that. i made a layer for the cadimage siding only, no other objects on that layer. the priority is set to 3, where all others are 1 & 2. its still creates the same problem.

i'm going to look further to see if there's any other wall that its intersecting.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I've found three issues with the cadimage wall accessories, neither of which are exactly what you seem to have but here they are:

1. Interaction with another wall on another layer (turned off) prevented the sections of the board and batten from appearing. This happened when I had a new wall in the same location of a smaller demo wall - I had to delete the demo wall.

2. Accessory just wouldn't appear at all - this appeared to have something to do with levels. When I made a module of the problem wall, the accessories would go in just fine, but not as part of the whole model. Talked to cadimage about it, but they weren't able to duplicate the problem or figure out what happened

3. The wall accessory appeared as just an error "dot". Something was wrong internally - I changed types around (made type 3 board and batten instead of type 1, etc.) the wall suddenly worked.

That may not help with your current problem, but good luck. Overall, I found the tool useful but it could be a little clearer in it's interface and there seem to be a few bugs in it.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Chris B.- i think the problem i'm having is the same as #1 and #2. i have the same type of model, new and demo walls in the same location with different layers and priorities.

so how do you create your model while using the cadimage tool at the same time ? especially with a renovation project where you have old and new walls in the same location; two different models ?
Anonymous
Not applicable
tan wrote:
Chris B.- i think the problem i'm having is the same as #1 and #2. i have the same type of model, new and demo walls in the same location with different layers and priorities.

so how do you create your model while using the cadimage tool at the same time ? especially with a renovation project where you have old and new walls in the same location; two different models ?
No good solution (that I know of) when it's all one model other than changing the demo walls to lines.

I'm now starting to use a method recommended by the people who developed the Master Template product that involves creating an as-built .pln file which is saved as a module (without the demo layer) to be inserted into a proposed .pln file.

There's more about that in the Master Template manual under the remodel projects section - http://docs.google.com/View?docid=dd6tst5z_4gcjcxt

And more on the master template here: http://www.archicadtemplate.com/

hope it helps
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have found accessories tool to be tricky at times. I have had similar issues where I drag the wall out and then back in again. Don't know if this helps but sometimes my accessory does disappears if I have a door or window that touches the top or bottom of a wall.
Its usually the bottom of the wall and I find moving the door or window up 1mm will usually fix the issue. Also I found walls on top of walls can cause issues, so might want to look for little bit of wall that are hidden.
Sometimes its just completely wrecked and redrawing it can fix it.
Anonymous
Not applicable
i found out that its due to my demo wall overlapping with my new wall. cadimage saids this can not be fixed at this time. their software does not recognize the wall priority at this time and that it might be fixed with a different version later.

so i had to get rid of the demo wall layer. i turned those walls into lines. not too pleased about it but there is no other way.

thanks for the input.