Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

constructing 3d objects

Anonymous
Not applicable
Please see attached pdf. I am attempting to model an object, but too many unwanted lines appear, as well as not being able to fillet the intersection of two perpendicular slabs.

I have attempted to construct the same object using walls, but cannot produce what is needed.

Please help.

Thank you
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
Send me a PM with the object and I'll see what I can do...
NandoMogollon
Expert
i think the slabs are much better option.
but they appear to be overlapping...
Nando Mogollon
Director @ BuilDigital
nando@buildigital.com.au
Using, Archicad Latest AU and INT. Revit Latest (have to keep comparing notes)
More and more... IFC.js, IFCOpenShell
All things Solibri and BIMCollab
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you both.

Braza-I'd like to learn this myself, but thanks for the offer.

NandoMogollon - I apologize, ....very new new ArchiCad 10, but when you advise to "adjust" are you referring to the the "edit>reshape>adjust" item ?

Thank you again
Anonymous
Not applicable
derocketman wrote:
Braza-I'd like to learn this myself, but thanks for the offer.
You are welcome!

A Hint: When you built a slab with arcs and lines, the lines must be tangent to the arc in order to the joints not to be shown.
Anonymous
Not applicable
my friend... sure u can use archicad for that... but y would i spend time on this here?

SKETCHUP is my friend in these cases
Anonymous
Not applicable
This object is done easy with SEO. 1 slab that give you the mass, 7 slabs too cut the first slab.

Done in 1 or 2 minutes.
Anonymous
Not applicable
TurboGlider wrote:
This object is done easy with SEO. 1 slab that give you the mass, 7 slabs too cut the first slab.

Done in 1 or 2 minutes.

LoL, modeling is NOT for AC, simple as that !
Use other software and there u can draw it in 1 sec if u r able to draw this in AC in 1-2 min.

Why use cannon to shot masquito !

I m just wondering what MS office users will tell, i can draw it in word in 30 sec hihihihihihihi
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you all,

Again, just learning all of this, so not sure what "SEO. 1" or what is meant by "modeling is NOT for AC, simple as that"

But see my different approach in the attached pdf. I constructed the object using vertical slabs in lieu of horizontals ones ( as in the previous drawing)

The edges are perfect ! But I now need to insert holes in the face of the object, as well as placing the semicircle on the back edge ( see previous drawing)

Any suggestions ?

btw, I am using AC10 with a iMAC(ppc), which is not downloadable in "Sketchup"

Thanks for everyone's help/interest.
Anonymous
Not applicable
As Turboglider well said, you have to use the SEO function, witch is a solid operator command in AC... With it you can use any object/tool to perform cuts/holes/addictions in your main solid... i.e. you can create 4 new slabs to cut the lateral holes... to learn how it works I recommend you to have a look in the AC manual... You wont regret