Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

did we loose save current view in ac 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
we used to have a save current view button that would open a dialog box
where you could quickly jot down a name and save it to the navigator
cant find it in 10
9 REPLIES 9
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
If you Show Organizer (top left button in the Navigator), and view it so that the Project Map is on the left and the View Map is on the right, you'll see a 'Save view>>>' button at the bottom. This will then appear in the View Map, at which point you can click on it and hit the 'Settings...' button at the bottom.

Not sure why you're jotting the name down, but you can do that there, as well as change all the view's settings!

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Link wrote:
If you Show Organizer (top left button in the Navigator), and view it so that the Project Map is on the left and the View Map is on the right, you'll see a 'Save view>>>' button at the bottom. This will then appear in the View Map, at which point you can click on it and hit the 'Settings...' button at the bottom.

Not sure why you're jotting the name down, but you can do that there, as well as change all the view's settings!

Cheers,
Link.
Okay, and to redefine a saved and named view is "get current window's settings"

Much more work than before

As to your ?
Why save a view if you don't know what it is?
I give each view a name so I can navigate back to it easily
Anonymous
Not applicable
I personally drag and drop my views from project map to view map in organizer. It is fast, easy, and you get it into the folder structure you want. Plan views of course will need to be re-named, but everything else picks up its name from the project map.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Okay, and to redefine a saved and named view is "get current window's settings"

Much more work than before
No, you just change the settings right there in the View Settings dialog. No more work than before, just a different and more consistent way of doing it.
As to your ?
Why save a view if you don't know what it is?
I give each view a name so I can navigate back to it easily
Yes a view needs to be named, it sounded like you were jotting it down on paper!

Cheers,
Link.
TomWaltz
Participant
Mike wrote:
Plan views of course will need to be re-named, but everything else picks up its name from the project map.
Why do they have to be renamed? Isn't that part of the purpose of a good folder structure?

Plans/Floor Plans/1/4"/1. First Floor
Plans/Floor Plans/1/4"/2. Second Floor
Plans/Floor Plans/1/4"/3. Third Floor
Plans/Floor Plans/1/4"/4. Fourth Floor
Plans/Floor Plans/Stairs/1. First Floor
Plans/Floor Plans/Stairs/2. Second Floor
Plans/Floor Plans/Stairs/3. Third Floor
Plans/Floor Plans/Stairs/4. Fourth Floor
Plans/Floor Plans/RCP/1. First Floor
Plans/Floor Plans/RCP/2. Second Floor
Plans/Floor Plans/RCP/3. Third Floor
Plans/Floor Plans/RCP/4. Fourth Floor

.... and so on....
Tom Waltz
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Tom,

Out of interest, how are you naming your layouts? And what are your titles for these views showing?

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
TomWaltz wrote:
Mike wrote:
Plan views of course will need to be re-named, but everything else picks up its name from the project map.
Why do they have to be renamed? Isn't that part of the purpose of a good folder structure?

Plans/Floor Plans/1/4"/1. First Floor

.... and so on....
Can views pick up their names from the folder they are in? What have I been missing? Thanks for some pointers...
TomWaltz
Participant
Link wrote:
Tom,

Out of interest, how are you naming your layouts? And what are your titles for these views showing?
The layouts are named for the name of the sheet.... do you mean how are the drawings named?

We have long used a "drawing title" object that includes drawing number and drawing scale (automated) and a manual, multi-line title. It also provides a stretchable non-print pen outline so users have a visual reference of the extents of their viewport in the Layout (assuming of course no on cropped it in the mean time).

I never really got the flexibility and control I wanted out of Title Types, and I'm not overly impressed with the new Title Objects, but maybe that will change as I play with them more.
Tom Waltz
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
The layouts are named for the name of the sheet.... do you mean how are the drawings named?
I was trying to determine how you create your drawings and layouts. You can place the entire Plans/Floor Plans/1/4"/ folder into your Layout Map, using the 'Place Drawing>>>' button, which will create individual layouts & drawings with the names 1. First Floor, 2. Second Floor, 3. Third Floor, 4. Fourth Floor, etc. Then the title...
We have long used a "drawing title" object that includes drawing number and drawing scale (automated) and a manual, multi-line title.
The standard titles pick up the drawing names as above. In your case, you're using a manual title. It just seems there's a point at which the link is broken and all the good structuring and automation falls down. For you it seems to be between drawing names and titles, where you set the name manually. I've chosen to 'break the link' between the Project Map and the View Map, by renaming my views manually.

There are so many options where the Project Map views have IDs and Names, Views have IDs and Names, Drawings have IDs and Names, and Layouts have IDs and Names. All can be linked or set individually, but there's still no way to completely automate the process.

That's also why I've never understood cloning. Why would anyone want to clone their project Map? It seems the only thing I would ever want to clone is part of my View Map or Layout Map - that way we could quickly clone an electrical set into a reflected ceiling set, or clone a 30x42 set into a 24x36 set. Anyway I'm rambling. This is not directed at you, just at the break down in logic and usability.
I never really got the flexibility and control I wanted out of Title Types, and I'm not overly impressed with the new Title Objects, but maybe that will change as I play with them more.
I do remember that. Speaking of objects, have you or do you intend to update your sweet Interior Elevation marker for AC10?

Cheers,
Link.