Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

different fills in plan & section

Anonymous
Not applicable
hi,

If I want to have different fills (for a wall for instance) in plan view and section what can I do? For example, for a brick wall I have to have no fill in plan view and a brick fill in section but I don't want to do this separating the section from the model, the section must be linked to the model. Can I do this?

Thanx
6 REPLIES 6
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
You can always re-link your section again - it's not an irreversible step.

Otherwise you could use a special pen for your fills, and in PlotMaker map this pen to white just in your floor plan. That would essentially make it disappear and look empty.

Cheers,
Link.
Stephen Dolbee
Booster
I sometimes use the beam tool to accomplish this. I don't think the wall tool has that capability (yet).

Steve
AC19(9001), 27" iMac i7, 12 gb ram, ATI Radeon HD 4850 512mb, OS 10.12.6
Anonymous
Not applicable
dobilan wrote:

If I want to have different fills (for a wall for instance) in plan view and section what can I do? For example, for a brick wall I have to have no fill in plan view and a brick fill in section but I don't want to do this separating the section from the model, the section must be linked to the model. Can I do this?
Unless I am misunderstanding you, create a view in your viewset of the floor plan with Display Options/ "Cover Fills" set to "No Fills" and a view in your viewset of your section with the Display Options/"Cover Fills" set to "Vectorial Hatching"
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Unless I am misunderstanding you, create a view in your viewset of the floor plan with Display Options/ "Cover Fills" set to "No Fills" and a view in your viewset of your section with the Display Options/"Cover Fills" set to "Vectorial Hatching"
Well that'd be too easy Woody! Although I think it's the Cut Fills they want to set.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Link wrote:
Well that'd be too easy Woody! Although I think it's the Cut Fills they want to set.

Cheers,
Link.
Well, Link... of course you're right. That's what I get for responding to ArchiCAD-Talk while talking on the phone giving tech support on another issue at the same time!

Woody
Karl Ottenstein
For example, for a brick wall I have to have no fill in plan view and a brick fill in section but I don't want to do this separating the section from the model
Here's another "trick". Duplicate your brick fill (so that you don't trash it trying this), and completely clear the bitmap preview image for the original (used by your walls) to be all white.

Assuming that other fills in plan are not an issue (big assumption), set your display options to bitmap fill for plan, and vectorial for section.

A little weird, I know. 😉

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.8, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB