Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

drawing priority

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a drawing problem..

beams and walls can have their priority changed.. so I set the wall priority at 6 and the beam, at 7.. so in 3d windows, the wall is overrided by the beam..
(this means that when you select the wall in 3d windows.. it looks like the beam has been substracted from it with a boolean operation)

thats ok so far..

however.. slabs and columns can't have their priority changed..

by default.. when i insert a column, it overrides the wall and the beam.. so it's like it has it's priority set in 8...

what i just can't understand.. is that when I intersect a slab with a beam.. the BEAM overrides the slab.. and when navigating in 3d windows.. i can see the beams from 1 story below (see the image)

can this be changed? (I want the slab to override the beams)
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
You can change the Layer Intersection Priority of the layer on which the slab resides to be different than the layer that the beam resides and they will no longer interact. Make sure to update your layer combinations so that this setting won't be overrode next time you activate a saved view.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Instead of changing the Layer intersection priority and updating all the layer combinations (which could be quite a big job just to work around a couple of instances where this problem occurs!), you could try just duplicating the slab in the same position, placing it on the SEO layer (which 'should' be on a completely different layer intersection priority number anyway to avoid unwanted interaction with visible elements), then SEOing the slab from the beams.

When the SEO layer is then turned off you should get the required effect of the slab appearing to cut the beams away.

Not quite automatic, but the best I can think of!