Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

filleting an arc and a line

Anonymous
Not applicable
I can fillet two lines, but I can't fillet an arc and a line or two arcs
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have wished AC could do this too (it can't). You should add this one to the wish list
Anonymous
Not applicable
Select the arc and line. Use the intersect tool or trim the ends so both endpoints meet. Activate any tool except the arrow tool, click on the corner. Pet palette pops up, select the fillet option.
Aussie John
Newcomer
Alex wrote:
Select the arc and line. Use the intersect tool or trim the ends so both endpoints meet. Activate any tool except the arrow tool, click on the corner. Pet palette pops up, select the fillet option.
WOW tip of the year
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
Anonymous
Not applicable
VERY COOL ALEX! Definitely tip o' the month material.
Dwight
Newcomer
And I nominate this discovery for "Most-Annoying-Just-Waiting-To-Be-Discovered-Eureka-Moment-of-All-ArchiCAD-Time." We should call it the "Mouse Quiver of the Century" describing the erotic and joyful pulse of amazement that travels up the arm when the discovery actually works. My arm, anyways.
Dwight Atkinson
Karl Ottenstein
Alex wrote:
Way to go, Alex! What other treasures lie hidden.... 😉

Off topic (lines only here - not arcs), but same pet palette: if you do the same thing to two lines, you get the Fillet/Chamfer Radius dialog - but there isn't a means to select which of fillet or chamfer you want ... you just get a fillet (matching the pet palette icon). It looks like GS simply used the same input dialog as for Line Extras ... and that the implication of Chamfer in the dialog is a cosmetic error. But, maybe I'm missing something?

Thanks,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Dave Jochum
Advocate
Alex wrote:
You can also have the arrow tool activated and select the last option in the pet pallette (switches from transformation to modification), then select the fillet option.
Dave Jochum
J o c h u m A R C H I T E C T S http://www.jochumarchitects.com
MBP 16" (M1 Max) 64 GB•OS 13.5.2•AC 27 Silicon (latest build)
Dwight
Newcomer
Okay - Mouse Quiver "Corollary Tipette"
Dwight Atkinson
Djordje
Ace
Alex wrote:
Gone to Tips&tricks, of course ... hope he has the sun deck for all the chairs 😉
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen