Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

half my building disappears...

Kamelite
Advocate
I've been working on a house for some time now, and yesterday I discovered something interesting. When I klick on elevations in the View Map, regardless which one, and regardless of the scale, half of my building won't display. To be specific, parts og the garage and none of the walls on the secong floor. But the roof displays. But if I turn on every layer, it displays.
And pressing F3 gives me a 3D-rendering of the buliding, With no visible walls in the second story whatsoever.

But if I Return to the Project map, I find that all of my internal walls are not showing. But again, showing ALL the layers makes them appear again.
Check out the Attached Picture to get an idea of what I mean

I can't think of any specific layer that would turn off just a few walls like that.

I suppose its something I do or should have done that makes this happen, but my lack of skills makes me unable to figure out what it is..

And on top of that, in 3D-view, a white plane has appeared just at the base of the 1.story walls. I Guess I have turned something on, just don't know what..

Any ideas?

.Thag

Untitled1.jpg
Windows 10, Archicad 27
5 REPLIES 5
JLopes
Participant
It has to do with the layers setting and its association with the layer combinations

attention also to the View Map>View setting (layer combination)
Layers.jpg
|| JLopes ||

|Arquitecto |

AC26 Port | Imac | 3.5 GHz | i7 | GTX 780m | OS X

AC26 Port | Ryzen 9 5900x | RTX3080 | Win
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Kamelite wrote:
I can't think of any specific layer that would turn off just a few walls like that.
With all the elements showing, select a wall that disappears and check its layer assignment. It seems like some elements have been assigned to the wrong layer. Then follow JLopes's advice.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
The white shape that appears may be a slab (or some other element) you moved/copied to an out of view location, thinking it would not show in plan, but the elevation is still picking it up.

Turn on all layers first, then zoom to extents, the use arrow tool to select everything in the window, maybe you'll find some objects you forgot about.

Another helpful tip is to change your background to a pale shade of color, that way any white lines, white fills, etc can be detected more easily. These white elements are easy to forget once they have served their purpose.

To reinforce what has already been said, *double check* your view settings, if you use clone folders and change the folders settings, then all views in that folder will also change settings.
Kamelite
Advocate
David wrote:
Kamelite wrote:
With all the elements showing, select a wall that disappears and check its layer assignment. It seems like some elements have been assigned to the wrong layer. Then follow JLopes's advice.

David
As always, you guys are right. Somehow I managed to define the walls that disappeared as interior walls, and ofcourse they don't show in an elevation. That also explains why the showed after I turned on every layer.

I'll redefine all the affected walls, and see if all my problems are solved!

Thnx a lot, everyone 🙂
Windows 10, Archicad 27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Do a search on favorites and read the help files on favorites. Incorrect layer assignments almost always come from changing an object type and forgetting to also change its layer. Favorites help you group all your tools' settings for each type of use. So you might find yourself with 4, 5 or even 20 or so wall favorites, window favs, etc