Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

how to add additional nodes to a slab?

Anonymous
Not applicable
hey guys, im an archicad newbie, and i have been trying to follow a tutorial that is telling me that i can click on the surface of a slab, and add additional nodes to it, but i cant seem to do it.

can anybody help me?

thanks
1 REPLY 1
Karl Ottenstein
arben wrote:
hey guys, im an archicad newbie, and i have been trying to follow a tutorial that is telling me that i can click on the surface of a slab, and add additional nodes to it, but i cant seem to do it.
Select the slab, then hover over an edge of the slab - you'll see a mercedes cursor - hold your mouse button down and a pet palette will appear allowing you to insert nodes and do many other things.

In 8.1, you have to be using a tool other than the arrow tool to see the proper pet palette. When you receive 9.0, this works even with the arrow tool.

Clicking on the surface of the slab is how you cut a hole in the slab. Select the slab, select the slab tool, draw inside the slab, and a hole is cut with however many nodes were required.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB