cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

how to get a double line for a door leaf in Simple 2D Detail

Anonymous
Not applicable
O.k. This is very frustrating and is something that worked easily in previous versions of Archicad.

I would like to set my door (using under Wood Entrance Doors - D1 Entrance 12) to the "simple" 2D Detail Level and have the door leaf shown as a double line. This was something that in previous versions I could just check a box.

I've noticed that this is not the only library part that refuses to be represented with a double line at the "Simple" 2D Detail Level. Even if I choose the Middle Detail Level the door leaf still gets shown as a single line.

Also when I select the D1 Pocket 12 sliding pocket door (under Specialty doors - sliding doors) I get message "the start and endpoints of a subpolygon must be identical. at line 534 in the 2d script of file dp_door_panels_usa.gsm". ANyway very annoying. I've also spent way too long checking absolutely every parameter. I'm either blind or something has been removed. I want the double line back!!!
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank You! Someone actually pays attention to the settings in the Door items. Seriously, whomever is programming Archicad isn't an ARCHITECT having to send DWG files back to consultants (who already think that Archicad is lame and Architects don't know how to draw to the appropriate level of detail).

Of course I know a work around, however why doesn't it just work easily? Also what do those extra variables mean????
Karl Ottenstein
Carmel wrote:
Seriously, whomever is programming Archicad isn't an ARCHITECT having to send DWG files back to consultants (who already think that Archicad is lame and Architects don't know how to draw to the appropriate level of detail).
Carmel wrote:
Doesn't Graphisoft have Beta testers who would have pointed out this bug???
You are making several false assumptions:

(1) that ALL reported bugs are immediately fixed and that there is no (huge) backlog of bugs to-be-fixed, and

(2) that Graphisoft's design team is not primarily made up of architects who are aware of most issues... which are on a "to do" list with some priority that differs from yours and mine.

There are dozens of things that each of us has to work around. When those things are to be fixed is out of our control.

If this one upsets you this much, it'll be interesting to hear you when you run into some of the big issues. 😉

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.8, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hmfff!
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Not to "stir the pot" but the third false assumption is...
(3) that all architects want the same graphics...

That being said, wouldn't be to difficult to have a Single Line / Double Line option.. just would take time to include it in an already overburdened parameter list for EACH DOOR...
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
Anonymous
Not applicable
My point is that this was an option that has been taken away and replaced with numerous other options which are completely confusing...... With respect to Architects all having their preference to graphic styles.... please... the issue as stated by Scott is that the measured value changes. Read his response, which is also my annoyance.

And to the previous poster about choosing a more valid issue, how can I send dwg files to consultants with this discrepancy in sizing? Reread the comment.