Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

image showing in 3d cutaway

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi folks,
I have a strange problem, and it occurred rather suddenly. When I view the model in 3d with a cutaway (marquee), the surface of the cut elements are displaying a repeating image of some kind. Can anyone help me find where this can be changed back to a solid color as is the default?

Thanks in advance!

-mb

Screen Shot 2015-09-10 at 10.29.57 AM.png
4 REPLIES 4
it could be glass block ?

In Selection Settings you could change the Override Surfaces settings, or you could make a change in the Material Settings, or Surface Painter.

It depends on what version of ArchiCAD you are using. This is why it is good to show what version of ArchiCAD you are using in your Forum Profile Signature.

Could fix it here ? Ctrl+Alt+A

ooops. too late. I see it has already been fixed.
2015-09-10_14-53-18.png

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for responding.
No, this isn't a surface material showing up like that. That strange image is being represented on the parts of the model that are being cut by the marquee tool.

i thought somewhere there is a setting that you can toggle that changes the color of the marquee cut. in other words, you can make the cut represent in bright red, or black, or anything you like. My problem could be related? I cant find those settings though so its tough to investigate that.

-mb
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
In the Filter and Cut Elements in 3D Dialog, check if the Use Element Attributes radio button is selected. If it is set to the Custom option that can cause this behavior.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
ah, there it is. Thank you!