cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

is it bug in 11?

Anonymous
Not applicable
hi people
I have some trouble with font. When i open 10 project, all cyrillic name of layer, layer combination, library name, fields patterns, materials etc is ??????
If I write in 11 on cyrillic all is OK.
Also name of month when archicad is loading also with strange symbols ????
in windows regisrtry in font description section script code is 204(in earler version this work well)
is it i can not set up well, or maybe there some page code bug in AC11?
14 REPLIES 14
Rafal SLEK
Enthusiast
Where and when You've bought ArchiCAD 11?
MacBook Pro Retina 2019/2.4 GHz/Intel Core i9/32GB RAM/Radeon Pro 5500M 4GB/macOS 11.6/ArchiCAD 25vINT+POL/Maxwell Render 5.2/Twinmotion 2022.1
Karl Ottenstein
Yes where did you get the RUS/INT version?... and with all posts, always specify the build number and version that you are using (e.g., AC 10 US build 1083, AC 10 GER build 1083, etc.) Especially if reporting a perceived bug, the build number is essential.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
hi all,
thanks for reaply.
2Rafal SLEK
I think it is not important where and when i bought archicad 11 because i didn't. I ask you about some thing that i didn't understand.
i think you want to ask me how can i save in 10... but it is not important also, you agree? because i ask about problem in ac11

2Karl Ottenstein
I understand the importance of such info but I told that i use 11 version for now it have only one official build yet afaik 11.0.0 R1 (970).

!some water about beta testing
I am not beta tester couse i have ask for that GS and have answer that i need 10 dongle key but i have not... so i stop this(i think this not realy clever by GS, because if I allready have actual version i didn't become beta tester for new one - i need to work and have no time for any experimentals... afair GS has no any warranty for loss of data with beta and it is normally but if i have final product would not test with risk to lose my work, from other hand good beta testrers can be students and young people who have enough time to test programm but they have no dongle... And they also interesed get one license for best beta testing...
!coast

in the final release you have this disappointing thing...
it is not good for final you don't think so?
now i try Comercial demo if you still interesting... is it OK? on the hacked winxp sp2 with some critical updates. I realy don't want that we start discuss such thing what bad and what right in this topic... I ask about real problem can you answer something understandable or not?

in addition to previous post when Archicad botting c:/documents and settings/????/and_so_on
i mean that cyrillic letters is not displaying correctly in archicad's boot window only.
Rafal SLEK
Enthusiast
I think it is not important where and when i bought archicad 11 because i didn't. I ask you about some thing that i didn't understand.
Yes it is important. You talk about version that doesn't exist.
But of course this thread is rather moderator problem not mine...
MacBook Pro Retina 2019/2.4 GHz/Intel Core i9/32GB RAM/Radeon Pro 5500M 4GB/macOS 11.6/ArchiCAD 25vINT+POL/Maxwell Render 5.2/Twinmotion 2022.1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks
oops i did not understand what you talking about. Because GS anounce AC 11 aboute month ago, and afair my brother told me that he has presentation of AC11. And reseller propose him bought this product.
In second i try to search some and find downloadable link of AC from GS site And i absolutly legally download it. I use no tricks to do that...

One more about problem, but as i can see from this topic that is not important, more importent to talk about how...
cyrtrbl.png
Anonymous
Not applicable
Didencool wrote:
One more about problem, but as i can see from this topic that is not important, more importent to talk about how...
Since no one else has a released copy of 11 (including us beta testers) it is only natural that people are wondering how.

As far as the problem... I assume that whatever copy you have managed to get is not localized for the cyrillic alphabet.
Djordje
Ace
As far as I know 11 RUS is not out yet.

Your build is correct for the final International version.

Officially, you still cannot get Archicad 11 everywhere ...
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dodgy copy of XP + dodgy copy of ArchiCAD
Think about it
Anonymous
Not applicable
Djordje wrote:
As far as I know 11 RUS is not out yet.
Your build is correct for the final International version. Officially, you still cannot get Archicad 11 everywhere ...
OK I understand but I didn't know about that cause i don't watch for it... Earler i try to explain that... I have some reason to think different.
I download ac11 from http://graphisoft.vo.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I think it is offisial place for free Archicad downloads.
If you said that it was misstake and i should remove it i do that (no problem in this also from software archiv...) It is not so important.
Bogman wrote:
Dodgy copy of XP + dodgy copy of ArchiCAD
Think about it
I allready do that... )))
I see that discussion is going wrong way. but no matter. it is more important to GS imho.

- copy of XP
I use only kernel from MS for what should I pay? I replace large count of windows components with GNU or free ones.
one more thought (it is more philosophic question). It from gang philosophy (dict said that it is - pilferage, So I use it)

1. If somebody(BG vs MS for example) pilferage (for example lisa OS) it is no criminal in doing such with him... in russian it is :"вор у вора украл..."

2. I will switch to opensuse. Now I have some troubles with hardware. (Only windows, knoppix, opensuse with xen kernel is working well... I use opensuse, but with xen i cannot configure the net correctly.)

- dodgy copy of ArchiCAD
I has no any... I has only 11

Philosophically I think that virtual building is not realy best for drafting... as for me personly I like work with page... wo any 3d modelling (3d modeling with stand alone modeller)...
GS well do AC and it realy pretty good... I working with it from 5-8.1 and try 10...

I want use AC only for creating library parts... So I will use student version for that if it will be free. And also I try to run it on linux. And will test linux version if it will be needed.

Two words about cost of AC. One of important criteria in choosing CAD application is price. It is very high as for me personly. GS not thinking about place of architect... for example if some arch's who working in NY, LA or Moscow have studio 10 workplaces (for example), earn more money for their work and pay for AC 2000 USD and if i work in province, work alone i have to pay 6000 for same workplace... But my competitors in my region use it for 5 US...
How you think is it possible to me, pay to GS cost of one workplace?
In any way I'll switch on GNU or low cost (>1000US) CAD for linux operating system. I think about buying mac, but for it cost here, I should not till at least four years.