Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

making a photo into a library object

Anonymous
Not applicable
does anyone know how to do this.

I want to take a photo and make it into a library object and then hang it on the wall of my model.

thnaks,
donald mac donald
4 REPLIES 4
Dwight
Newcomer
11 save image to Archilibrary

use: picture.gsm

should be in library
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks for your help but i'm not smart enough to figure out what you mean. I see in the library a picture library part. and you can pick it to use a custom picture. but i can't get it to pick my picture.

Do i put my picture in the library folder? what form should the picture be? jpg, pict, tiff or a library part itself?

thanks,
donald mac donald
Dwight
Newcomer
1: save image to ArchiCAD library

I assumed you'd know to reload the library.
I certainly didn't know that when I started.

While the library can add located library parts, it does not automatically add images.

an RGB jpeg, pict or tiff should work.

make sure the name is distinctive and short - it sometimes has trouble addressing a long name similar to another.
Dwight Atkinson
Donald wrote:
does anyone know how to do this.
I want to take a photo and make it into a library object and then hang it on the wall of my model.
For more sophisticated picture objects eg for people or building facades, you can use Cigraph's ArchiFacade which allows the straightening out of the perspective in the photo and the creation of a resulting Library object - to the right scale.
Another trick: You can paint directly (using paint tools) while in ArchiCAD with Cigraphs ArchiPaint and save the paint image as a library object.

If using the Graphisoft library part, there is a tick box you can use to use Custom Picture, instead of the one supplied.