Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

measuring area quick and easy

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

Is there any way to measure area quick and easy? There is the measure tool that will help me with distances, but how about areas? I don't want to check coordinates and count, and I'd rather not use zones either.

I'm (obviously I guess) an absolute beginner, so please excuse me for posting really really basic questions.

(I think this is a working in ArchiCAD/drafting kind of question, but please refer me to another forum if I'm in the wrong place. I'll probably have a lot more questions like this one so you might get annoyed if i keep posting them where they don't belong. )
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dwight wrote:
Where sloppy model construction eventually comes around to strike you in the posterior.
Stress Co_
Advisor
Lisa wrote:
...but since I'm a really lazy person I still wonder... is there anyway to do it without creating an object? I'd just like to be able to click the four or six or eleven corners of a room or a slab or whatever and find out how big it is. (Like with the inquiry-tool in autocad. Sorry for bringing that up, hope i don't offend any of you har d core ArchiCad people )
If you want the area of a slab.... just select the slab and open the "Element Information" tool.

That's: Window>> Palettes>> Element Information
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.5 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
Anonymous
Not applicable
ooh, element information, I like it! I was supposing there would be something like that but I hadn't found it yet. Thanks!

Seems like it's a good idea to ask imprecise questions, because I get so many different good advice!
Aussie John
Newcomer
Matthew wrote:
Dwight wrote:
...boomeranging (quick check to see if you are Australian) yourself into the BIM process...
New definition?

BIM = Boomerang In Motion
Strewth!!
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]