Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

mesh pet pallet options

Patrick M
Advisor

Posting this to modeling, since Wishes is taken down... maybe I'll repost if/when we have a new way to relay wishlist items

It would be great to see these pet pallet options:

Screenshot 2024-09-06 at 7.15.59 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-09-06 at 7.16.05 AM.png

in the mesh tool when adding user defined ridges:

Screenshot 2024-09-06 at 7.15.38 AM.png

BIM solutions and trouble shooting (self proclaimed) expert. Using Archicad 26 5002 US on Mac OS 11.5.2
2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly

You can draw a new contour with that pet palette.

BarryKelly_0-1725633247954.png

Unfortunately you can't extend an existing contour (that I am aware of).

The other method is draw a line, polyline or spline and with the mesh selected and tool active, magic wand the line to add the contour.

Then delete the line.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Patrick M
Advisor

yes; for sure... it would make a lot of sense if we had that same pet pallet for editing existing contours.
I've done so many site models over the years (likely thousands), and this one little thing is a major irritant. 

there are probably a dozen things the mesh tool should be able to do... we should have a "simplify user defined ridges" feature, similar to the modify morph segmentation option. We should have composite options for meshes. We should have an option for curved user defined ridges.

But the pet pallet for editing contours seems, to my non-code-writing-mind, to be a low hanging fruit addition to the tool.

BIM solutions and trouble shooting (self proclaimed) expert. Using Archicad 26 5002 US on Mac OS 11.5.2