cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

missing lines

Anonymous
Not applicable
In my previous post I was asking about lines missing in cross section window. I found out that they are missing because areas in elements that are to have the same fill are joined and presented as one.

How can I prevent joining them? I mean, can I have slab and wall with empty fill, for example, and still have all lines of those elements in cross section? (wall is on slab, or slab is on the wall)

I tries to change joining groups of layers of those elements but it didn't do any good.

Cris
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
cris

try duplicating the 'empty fill' as, say, 'empty fill 2' and using that for one of the elements

i think fills have to be identical, ie same name, to clean up

bill
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, tat will work, but I was hoping that there is some more " civilized " method.

Thanks
Anonymous
Not applicable
ok

i can't think of a more elegant solution, either as AC is now or as a wishlist item (extending layer intersection priorities to sections would rapidly become overly complex imho). cleaning up of adjacent identical fills is what's needed almost always

why are you not drawing your walls, slabs etc with a fill or composite that represents the actual construction? surely that's what working in AC is all about?

bill