Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

morph question

Paopao
Booster
Hi guys, I need to make a solid as in the first pic. How do I go about it? I thought to use orth and revolve around the central axis but I can't exactkly detect it somehow. I use the morph revolution around an axis but I am not able to set the axis. Any help? The solid can be straigh in its uppper part.

Thanks PP
AC26 EDU • WIN 10 • Intel Core i7 2.8 GHz• 32G RAM• NVidia GForce GTX 1080
5 REPLIES 5
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Here is a clip that explains it:

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello Pao Pao,

To start, draw one of the desired profiles of the form in the elevation view (this can be done with line work). Start by drawing one arc (the outer arc for example) and offset a copy of this arc or simply draw a second smaller arc. Finally join the two arcs together using two lines (see image below).

Next, select the morph tool from the tool bar and hold down space bar (magic wand) and left click anywhere inside the profile you have drawn. You should end up with something like this (see image below).

2D:
3D:
Next, select this morph in the 3D view and click anywhere on its face. This will bring up the pet palette, select the push pull option and extrude the profile to the desired length (see image below).

Anonymous
Not applicable
Finally, change the arc radius of the top and bottom arcs on one of the faces of the morph by clicking on its edges (see image below). Note that this can also be done in the elevation view.

Hope this helps.

Jarrod
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Jarrod,

If you look at the geometry from the side, you will see that the line connecting the two end profiles is not a straight line, but a curve. This is why I think the Revolve method gives a more accurate result.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Paopao
Booster
Than you guys, I thinbk Laszlo is right as the height of the back part of the object needs to be smaller as it needs to fit under the tile of the one in front.
Thank you so much for both inputs!

Pao
AC26 EDU • WIN 10 • Intel Core i7 2.8 GHz• 32G RAM• NVidia GForce GTX 1080