Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

moulding arround windo

Anonymous
Not applicable
hey...this is irfan from Bahrain...im facing big problem in archicad...im civil engineer and im using ac13...im try to making moulding arrount the window.....how can i make..becoz i had semi arch window...and around it moulding...plz help me in this matter or tell me method or any tutrial...may b i will get...wait ur gud reply....

win.jpg
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
The US standard parts have this ability built-in but it is rather limited. I assume you want to make custom profiles for your casings, and further that you don't want to get into sophisticated GDL stuff.

The easiest way is probably to model the assemblies you need with profiled walls (since they can curve) on the flat and then save them as library parts from the 3D window. There are pretty good instructions for this in the GDL manual and probably more on-line (like in the wiki).

With this method you will producing one-off, non parametric parts so you will have to make one for each condition/size. It's best to do this in a separate session of ArchiCAD or create a special story for the purpose. I also recommend that you make copies of each source model for the various conditions so that future adjustments are easier.
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
irfan_bhtti wrote:
hey...this is irfan from Bahrain...im facing big problem in archicad...im civil engineer and im using ac13...im try to making moulding arrount the window.....how can i make..becoz i had semi arch window...and around it moulding...plz help me in this matter or tell me method or any tutrial...may b i will get...wait ur gud reply....
Take a look at OBJECTiVE (for creating the mouldings). You can place the mouldings directly in a section/elevation view and cut/bend them as required. It's a very intuitive, visual way to solve the problem. Watch the first video clip on the product page to see an example.
Ralph Wessel BArch
Software Engineer Speckle Systems

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!