Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

driveway on slope

Llian
Advocate
any idea how to get that? any kind of sub-region on mesh to create the slope ?
Lilian Seow
LEED AP | cSBA | CAPM | PMP
Interior-Architecture and BIM Management
AC20 USA | 27- macOS 10.14.6| 4 GHz Intel Core i7| 32 GB RAM | Archicad-user since 1994!
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
not quite sure what you are trying to achieve, you can use the mesh tool to create a sloped driveway by creating the contours and setting elevations.
I use a roof for sloping driveways, sidewalks, and garage slab.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Read the last section in this article here:

http://www.aecbytes.com/tipsandtricks/2006/issue10-archicad.html

It covers the best way of creating a path/driveway that follows the contours of a mesh.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Read the last section in this article here:

http://www.aecbytes.com/tipsandtricks/2006/issue10-archicad.html

It covers the best way of creating a path/driveway that follows the contours of a mesh.
Llian
Advocate

dwight showed me but i forgot how he did it..it was simple.
i looked through the website suggested below and it has been 3 hours that i still can't get the driveway slope to the mesh using the seo.

does the slab [driveway] has to be thicker than the mesh so when it's intersected it's showing before proceed to doing the 2nd SEO?

i've set the driveway to yellow and the mesh to earth for contrasting color. the first step after 'intersect', the slab goes hidden.....
Lilian Seow
LEED AP | cSBA | CAPM | PMP
Interior-Architecture and BIM Management
AC20 USA | 27- macOS 10.14.6| 4 GHz Intel Core i7| 32 GB RAM | Archicad-user since 1994!
Shaun Coomber
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Llian wrote:

dwight showed me but i forgot how he did it..it was simple.
i looked through the website suggested below and it has been 3 hours that i still can't get the driveway slope to the mesh using the seo.

does the slab [driveway] has to be thicker than the mesh so when it's intersected it's showing before proceed to doing the 2nd SEO?

i've set the driveway to yellow and the mesh to earth for contrasting color. the first step after 'intersect', the slab goes hidden.....
Ensure that the mesh is set to the "solid bodies" construction method. Solid Element Operations cannot be performed on surfaces - the elements must be solids.
Shaun Coomber
Technical Support Team
Graphisoft
Budapest, Hungary

archicadwiki - the ArchiCAD knowledge base