cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License Delivery maintenance is expected to occur on Saturday, October 19, between 4 and 6 PM CEST. This may cause a short 60-minute outage in which license-related tasks: license key upload, download, update, SSA validation, access to the license pool may not function properly. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

new materials transfering

Anonymous
Not applicable
ok...this is a 10yrs situation which I decided to change.
Everytime I create a new material within an open AC file the way I transfer this to another file was by copying and pasting the actual object in which the material was applied to, to the new file.
The problem with this is that I have never managed to keep all my new craated materials together. The second problem is that a pasted from another file material carries its layer as well, which most of the times confuses the tidy! list of my layers in each project.

I remember one time trying to keep a separate file in which to paste every single new material I create during time and from which to copy the preferred ones so to paste them in my projects. well it did not work either.

I am very very sure that there is a much simplier way than this so please let me know of your way.
thanks in advance
constantine
1 REPLY 1
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Options > Element Attributes > Attribute Manager > Materials tab. Open another file and Append to the existing. Although if your material has a texture, you'll need to have it loaded in the library of the host file too.

Cheers,
Link.