Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

publishing as dwg drawings

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all

I'm having some issues converting archicad drawings to autocad format (dwg) to send off to consultants. The aim is to be able to save archicad drawings so that both layout information and model space information is saved within the one file. I use the following settings:
- for further editing
- Paper space with cropped drawings content.

This seems to be setting the model space/ layout up properly, however I am finding that when I open the drawings in autocad (particularly elevational and sectional views) various lines are not showing up.

Can anyone offer some advice on fixing this. Also, is anyone aware of a good online tutorial that deals with exporting drawings from archicad to autocad. I have tried wiki, but I don't think that it's for archicad 10
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm also finding that the autocad file sizes are quite large.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Fills can be a killer for file size in exported dwg files. I create a separate model view which eliminates the fills and tie this to views that I export. I tend to not do as you are doing with exporting straight from the layout but export views directly. I will export a empty layout sheet to give them a title block. The other issues I have run into has to do with how line weights are dealt with. This will vary depending on your intentions / needs with the DWG exports. Mine always deal with providing backgrounds to my engineers. In this case I try to eliminate any line thickness associated with the exported lines. Choosing the by layer method will achieve this, but all of the lines will then be defined by the same pen. I have created pen settings in the translators I use that convert all of the pens I use to pens of 0 line thickness to the corresponding autocad line. I am by no means an expert in this area and I am sure there are others who can offer much better advice. In addition I have no autocad background which doesn't assist my stumbling in this area.