Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License outage
Dear Customers, We are facing with an outage in our services in Azure. You may experience issues with the Azure-based functions, like licensing, BIMcloud SaaS, Learn Portal. We are working hard on this issue to make it fixed as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

"Old" elevate system - is it possible?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

is it somehow possible to have old elevate system in 3D window. In v15 when I select an object and press ctrl+9 (elevate shortcut) i get numeric input field.
In earlier versions after ctrl+9 i was able to pick a point on some other object and elevate selected object relative to that point but now i have to do it by entering numeric distance.
For example, i have 2 walls with different heights in 3D window and iI want to elevate one for the other one's height. Is it possible? It was possible in AC12.
8 REPLIES 8
David Maudlin
Rockstar
surki:

Try just selecting the wall then clicking on it and starting to drag, the Pet Palette should appear with an option to Elevate (box with arrows pointing vertically).

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks David, but that is not what i want. I do lot of interior modeling and i was very happy with AC 12. I tried AC 15 and it is much better but this problem drives me crazy. Like i wrote earlier, i want to elevate one object by the height of the other one. If both objects are on the same elevation then it is easy to do in AC15, but if they are not I can't figure how to do it. In AC12 I select one object, press ctrl+9, choose one point on the other object and then other one anywhere on the scene.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wnKzpSXuS0&feature=youtu.be

In this video is how i do it in AC 12. If it is impossible in AC 15 then i will stay on v12.
Karl Ottenstein
The behavior of the "Elevate..." command - and thus the ctrl-9 or cmd-9 default shortcut - changed in AC 13 to display the numeric adjustment dialog.

The Pet Palette mentioned by David is the way that visual / drag and snap elevation changes are done now. Once you've clicked on the elevate button (up/down arrow as shown in attached screenshot), everything is as it used to be for you with ctrl-9.

It takes only a second extra, and given that you can elevate any number of things in one step, I'm not sure how this is a deal-breaker for your workflow. Seems to me that if you have to change the base height of things as often as you suggest (such that you would not leave AC 12 because these 'seconds' would add up to 'hours'?) that there is a bigger problem in your modeling technique.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl wrote:
The behavior of the "Elevate..." command - and thus the ctrl-9 or cmd-9 default shortcut - changed in AC 13 to display the numeric adjustment dialog.

The Pet Palette mentioned by David is the way that visual / drag and snap elevation changes are done now. Once you've clicked on the elevate button (up/down arrow as shown in attached screenshot), everything is as it used to be for you with ctrl-9.

It takes only a second extra, and given that you can elevate any number of things in one step, I'm not sure how this is a deal-breaker for your workflow. Seems to me that if you have to change the base height of things as often as you suggest (such that you would not leave AC 12 because these 'seconds' would add up to 'hours'?) that there is a bigger problem in your modeling technique.

No, it is not like it used to be. I know very well about pet palette and its behavior. Can you please explain me how can I elevate object A for a height distance between point B and point C.

This is how I used to do it in AC 12
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8EhITvo1aA&feature=youtu.be

but i realy have no clue how to do it now in AC15

Capture elevate.JPG
jbArch
Newcomer
I see the difference in what you are trying to do (video helped), and I can't figure out how to do that in AC15. Would be curious to see if others have a solution.

But honestly I don't need that kind of elevate action very often (if ever). Usually for me it is important to know exactly what the base elevation is for a particular wall, so I'm more likely to set the base numerically.
AC 21 (8002) & 22 USA
Mac OSX 10.14.5 on MacBook Pro 2.3GHz Intel i7, 16GB Ram, NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2GB VRAM, 500GB SSD
David Maudlin
Rockstar
This operation can be done in a Section or Elevation window. Select element, invoke "drag" command, click on start point, hold down "Shift" key to maintain vertical direction, click on end point.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
There is a tricky way of doing this:
0. Make sure your Tracker is ON.
1. Click the element you want to Elevate and select the Elevate command on the Pet Palette.
2. Move your cursor to point B and press ALT-SHIFT on the keyboard to move the Edit Origin to that node. Vertical distances now will be displayed from this point.
3. Move you cursor to point C and read the relative vertical distance of this point from point B. It will be displayed in the Elevate field.
4. Move your cursor back to the beginning point of the Drag operation and press ALT-SHIFT to relocate the Edit Origin there.
5. Start dragging it up and type the read-off vertical distance between points B and C then press ENTER to finish the Drag operation.

Two remarks:
1. If you click a node of the Element before dragging it it will be easier later to move the Edit Origin back to it.
2. When you moved your cursor to point C, you can press TAB to highlight the Elevate field of the Tracker and press CTRL-C to copy the value to the clipboard. In this case you will have to press Esc after the CTRL-C to get out of the Tracker. Then when you are performing step 5, press TAB to again highlight the Elevate field of the Tracker and press CTRL-V to paste the value into that field and press ENTER. This is useful if the distance is not a relatively round number like 1000 or 1400 etc.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes it's possible - I had the same issue, but I've just worked it out for myself. After clicking on the start point, you need to start moving in the Z direction, then hold down the shift key to constrain it to the vertical. Now you can go and click the final point, and it will take only the Z value from that point.
See this video for a visual version:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRb3GJlN86k
Hope that helps.
Chris