cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

roof

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello everyone,

I'm very new in ArchiCAD, and I need help with this roof. The thing is that I need it to go up to this rounded wall, not further. I had many troubles with trying to round edges with every tool I used, so I wanted to ask - is there any way I could just cut parts of the roof which are excess?
Here is a picture, so you could understand better what I'm saying, since my English is not perfect.
http://pokit.org/get/img/ad684fb360b66762b70d792f4782207e.jpg

Thanks!
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
If the roof is the same width as the box of walls & it looks like it is, instead of trying to radius the corners, pull the roof edge back to the beginning of the radius of the walls, then select the edge of the roof, >select the curve edge from the pet pallet & pull the roof to match the walls
Anonymous
Not applicable
I've tried that, but the thing is that the curve is not "symmetrical" if I can say it like that, it's not even from both sides (I think it's visible from the picture I pinned). Curve tool can't round this wall in shape I need, see?
David Maudlin
Rockstar
march:

First move the left side nodes of the Slab to the points where they intersect the outside face of the curved Wall (you need to establish the correct end points of the curve before creating the curve). The Slab will have a straight edge that is a chord of the Wall's arc. Then select the Curve Edge option in the Pet Palette (as you have shown in your screen shot) and pull the curved edge to the face of the wall.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
If you look in my pic you need to have nodes for your roof where the red spots are. I would delete that node that I have the X over by placing it ontop the node that is next to it that I have marked to be moved so it will delete the node (that's one way of deleting nodes) and it will get rid of the radius on that corner. Then move the two corner nodes on the right to the ends of the arc and then radius that side (indicated by the orange line) to where you need it.

edit:
Looking at my image I covered up the one node at the bottom with the ends of the orange lines, there is suppose to be a red dot there indicating thats a node location.
screencap.jpg
Barry Kelly
Pull the front roof surface back so it is behind the wall (i.e. the orange line in your last image).
Ensure the side of the slab tough the back surface of the wall.
Now click on the front edge of the roof and use the 'Add to Area' option in the pet palette and magic wand in the space between the front of the roof and the back of the wall.
The roof should now extend to the back of the wall no matter what shape it is.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11