Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

furniture

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi!

Can anyone tell me how can I adjust this elements to these curved walls? I also have problem with shower cabin because is curved on one side, but when I try to change it's dimensions, the program doesn't allow me, because dimensions are standardized I guess. So does anyone know how can I solve this?

Thanks!

Collage2.jpg
6 REPLIES 6
David Maudlin
Rockstar
march wrote:
Can anyone tell me how can I adjust this elements to these curved walls?
I would use a Slab for the countertop, which can have curved edges, then place individual Objects for each of the cabinets, rotating them to match the chord of the countertop's curve at each cabinet location. This is similar to how I would expect it to be built.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
You meant something like this? Well, it's the closest to the solution so far, but still not getting the right curve... I tried positioning red spot many times, but I didn't change the situation.
8835cfc5ac44bfda7acf0e874df9ec0c.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
You need to match the nodes of the slab/roof with the nodes of the wall where the arc begins, then curve to match.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I did that, still doesn't work Is there any way I can post file here so someone can do this? I need it for my college task, but I'm struggling too long with the roof, and I don't have more ideas or strength for trying. I would be very thankful if someone could take a little time to help me.
David Maudlin
Rockstar
march:

From your screen shot, it looks like the Wall is made of multiple segments, each segment has a different arc (radius and length). You will need to add a node to the Roof at the start/end of each Wall segment, then use the Curve Edge option in the Pet Palette to create the arcs you need to fit to the Walls.

Moderator: these replies actually belong with this thread: roof

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, I did that and probably that's was a problem, but I made it this morning by myself, doing something similar, so I finally solved this. Thanks everyone for helping!