cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

setting the mesh tool

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, a question about the mesh tool (or terrain tool ?)

Formerly (untill v70) a very usefull bug allowed us to give a negative value to a mesh's height.

This was usefull when you needed to work in real values : giving the real height to any point, and the zero as reference level to the mesh. Instead of getting the terrain's foot at the sea level you could put it upper with this negative value. With ArchiCAD 81 it's now impossible !

Ok with the 3D boolean operator you can solve it but is there a faster and easier solution ?
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm sorry, I'm scatterbrained, my question isn't in the good chapter, it should be in specific questions and problems. Could any moderator fix it ? with my apologies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Til wrote:
This was usefull when you needed to work in real values : giving the real height to any point, and the zero as reference level to the mesh. Instead of getting the terrain's foot at the sea level you could put it upper with this negative value. With ArchiCAD 81 it's now impossible
I work in real units too, using 'mean sea level' as zero, with the site being set at zero and ground floor at whatever is level is desired. I presume you prefer to 'level' from ground floor = 0.00.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I just tried it and had no trouble entering negative values. I even tried placing a corner below the base of the mesh and the value was accepted (the solid was of course compromised and the top surface only showed in 3D).
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your answers ! And Hi Mattew

I finally found it in the settings (option menu) there are 3 new reference altitudes available, when you set them (for exemple a zero sea level and a first floor level) these altitudes are available immediately for any level setting and of course for the meshes. You don't need any more to take care of the meshe's personnal reference level.