Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

showing walls as broken lines for framing plans

Anonymous
Not applicable
How can I show walls as broken lines on floor and roof framing plans
views while not having to change all the line types in wall set up? I tried adjusting the cut plane, can't seem to get anything to work there. I can't find anything in model view options or in the layer settings either. There must be a way. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Mark Hendricks
4 REPLIES 4
jshuether
Enthusiast
I'm still working in ArchiCAD 9, but my technique when doing framing plans is to stack two viewports in Plotmaker placing the framing plan on top of the floor plan. I change all of the pens in for the floor plan to gray. To my knowledge there is no easy way of doing what you want to do in AC9. A painful workaround is to duplicate the solid line type and change all your walls to that solid line type copy. Open up a new file, hotlink your plan into it, change the solid line type to a dashed line in the line type settings, create a new view, and import it into plotmaker.

I wish archicad had the "BYLAYER" option of AutoCAD. And it would be great if you could change the linetype of the layer based on layer combinations similar to how you change the layer intersection group number in the dialog box. My employer is a fan of dashing furniture and door swings etc. on the reflected ceiling plan, it would be great to easily dash the furniture layer in the RCP layer combo.
ArchiCAD 25

Windows 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
From the menus:
Edit/Reshape/Explode into current view.
Do not forget to delete the fills!
jshuether wrote:
stack two viewports
In the view you want dashed, place a fill with a diagonal pattern and a wide, white pattern pen on top of the walls.
dashfill.png
James Murray

Archicad 27 • Rill Architects • macOS • OnLand.info
Anonymous
Not applicable
The cad white out looks interesting and probably fast. I'll give it a try.

Thanks